UKC

Long multi pitch sport routes (UK)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sl@te Head 16 Aug 2015
Are there any other 100m + multi pitch sport routes in the UK which need to be added to this tick list?

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=1154
 zimpara 16 Aug 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

There's some long stuff at cheddar. 6c ish.
Can't remember what they are though.
OP Sl@te Head 17 Aug 2015
In reply to Chris Sansum:

Thanks, just added it to the tick list...

Anymore?

Ian Parsons 17 Aug 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

At about 100m each, those two at Cheddar - Castles... and Stone Cold Fever - just make it into your list. A few on Sunset Buttress don't quite manage to; by virtue of the fact that they generally start atop the 45m first pitch of Space Tourist, most of the major routes muster something in the 90-95m range (and 3 or 4 pitches) including Space Tourist itself. In its 2009 revision, however, which follows pitches 1 and 2 of ST and then crosses from one side of the buttress to the other before finally heading for the top, For Ever and Ever clocks up 115m with pitches of 6a+, 6b+, 7a+, 6c, 7b+. (This isn't the version on the UKC database.)
In reply to Ian Parsons:

Thanks, if you (or anyone else?) adds the 2009 version on to the database I will add it to the tick list.
 Ally Smith 17 Aug 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:
Dave Macleod's route in Peak Cavern, "Ring of Fire", 7c+, 7a, 7b+, 7b

http://davemacleod.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/new-route-in-peak-cavern.html
Post edited at 13:38
In reply to Ally Smith:

Thanks, I knew about that one but can't find it on the UKC database. If anyone has enough info it would be great to add the crag and route onto here (for Historical reasons as it looks unlikely anyone will be allowed to repeat it). If it's added I will add it to the Ticklist.
 zimpara 17 Aug 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:
Why would you add an unclimable climb to your ticklist you f*cking embecile.
Post edited at 17:16
 danm 17 Aug 2015
In reply to zimpara:

What's an embecile? Just curious, like.
 zimpara 17 Aug 2015
In reply to danm:

One of them things.
The stupid kind.
 Ian Parsons 17 Aug 2015
In reply to zimpara:

A surprisingly unpleasant comment, if I may say so; why on earth the need for gratuitous verbal abuse?
 atrendall 17 Aug 2015
In reply to zimpara:

Not just rude but totally unpleasant and uncalled for and perhaps the misspelling gives a clue as to who is the real
imbecile.
 Simon Caldwell 18 Aug 2015
In reply to Ian Parsons:

Don't be too hard on him, he's clearly only about 12
 andrewmc 18 Aug 2015
In reply to zimpara:

Why put the slate quarries on UKC? Climbing is banned there, after all...
 GridNorth 18 Aug 2015
In reply to andrewmcleod:

> Why put the slate quarries on UKC? Climbing is banned there, after all...

Since when?

Al
 lithos 18 Aug 2015
In reply to zimpara:

why not look at the creator of your latest logbook climb ('Delightful route') before expressing such an unpleasant opinion
 andrewmc 18 Aug 2015
In reply to GridNorth:
Since always (and this 'ban' is of course widely ignored) - the point being that UKC should document, rather than prescribe.

PS the signs on the way into the quarries clearly state that climbing is forbidden, but there are of course different grades of 'banned' - climbing deep in the quarries out of sight is banned, climbing the fence in front of Dali's hole is very banned, and climbing on the power station buildings themselves would be very very banned!
Post edited at 16:02
 tehmarks 18 Aug 2015
In reply to zimpara:

'Imbecile (n): Informal. a dunce; blockhead; dolt.'

There's exquisite irony in someone being too stupid to correctly spell the word they're trying to use in calling someone else stupid.
 GridNorth 18 Aug 2015

I've not climbed there for several years but if there are signs saying that climbing is banned they are relatively recent. I'm old and been climbing forever so to me 10 years is recent. Having said that I was in Bus Stop Quarry last year and did not see any signs.

Al
 zimpara 18 Aug 2015
In reply to GridNorth:

There are no signs
 GridNorth 18 Aug 2015
In reply to zimpara:

I've never seen any but according to Andrew Mcleod there are.

Al
OP Sl@te Head 18 Aug 2015
In reply to zimpara:

> Why would you add an unclimable climb to your ticklist you f*cking embecile.

Hi Zimpara

Glad to see that you enjoyed my route 'Plastic Soldier' the other day, thank you very much for your kind remarks about the route.

Re your other comment, I would happily meet up with you next time you're in the quarries so that I can slowly and clearly explain whatever you feel that needs explaining.....

It would also be an opportunity for you to call me an 'embecile' to my face., rather from the safety of your key board.

Ian

Oogachooga 19 Aug 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I've subcribed to the ticklist. Please don't add a climb to it which requires special permission (they were doing it with the bbc). Otherwise it will be impossible to actually finish the ticklist.

Sounds pretty wet and minging aswell from the article.
OP Sl@te Head 19 Aug 2015
In reply to Oogachooga:
The original intention behind setting up the ticklist was to produce a definitive list of all 100m+ multi pitch sports routes in the UK, I thought some on here might find it interesting / useful.

I've now edited the intro which lists all routes but have not been able to add a couple of the routes mentioned above to the ticklist itself, hopefully this is an acceptable compromise.

Post edited at 11:27
 Chris the Tall 19 Aug 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I thought you were merely following the tradition set by Ken Wilson in Hard Rock

Perhaps Zimpara is unaware of the history behind the name of this route

The Puerile Ticker (VS 4c)
 Offwidth 19 Aug 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I'd suggest the record is more important than the difficultly of the tick (access or otherwise): please include all known routes.
 Oogachooga 19 Aug 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Cheers, sounds like a good solution. Someone may want to go off and do it covert style anyway.

OP Sl@te Head 19 Aug 2015
In reply to Oogachooga:

No worries

Btw you seem far more reasonable with your posts on here than your climbing partner Jason (zimpara), maybe you should have a word with him if you haven't done so already
 zimpara 19 Aug 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Iran,
How is being called an embercile unreasonable, if to complete a tick list the lucky OCD suffering punter has to gain entry and climb by headtorch unseen.
(Why not make a tick list comprising of unclimable, fallen down, banned routes)

PS I would happily do what needed doing to climb it, if I had the aspiration. But the majority (run of the mil civi) would have an incomplete tick list forever.

I didn't mean to offend you personally, rather your online persona, in that post, on that day. Only. Plastic soldier is a fantastic climb on summit wall.
 jon 19 Aug 2015
In reply to zimpara:

Stop digging...
 Oogachooga 20 Aug 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Don't mind Jas he gets real angry when his electronic cigarette runs out of battery (or midge bites). Haha!
 atrendall 20 Aug 2015
In reply to Oogachooga:

> Don't mind Jas he gets real angry when his electronic cigarette runs out of battery (or midge bites). Haha!

No, don't mind poor Jas, he only called someone something offensive for no reason at all. Good to see he still can't spell imbecile correctly. Obviously a slow learner.
 andrewmc 20 Aug 2015
In reply to zimpara:

I doubt many people look at them/read them, but they are definitely there (or at least were last Sunday)... :P

(on the way in from Bus Stop Quarry, and I think in front of Dali's Hole)
 andrewmc 20 Aug 2015
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I personally think that:
a) When you make a ticklist it is for yourself, and you should be free to add whatever you want (just like everyone else),
b) I think making a complete list of the 100m+ multipitch routes is laudable - even if not all the routes are normally open.

e.g. I support the original list!
 Chris Harris 20 Aug 2015
In reply to atrendall:

> No, don't mind poor Jas, he only called someone something offensive for no reason at all. Good to see he still can't spell imbecile correctly. Obviously a slow learner.

He can't spell "Ian" either.......
 atrendall 20 Aug 2015
In reply to Chris Harris:

....or mill. 3 and 4 letter words seem to be a problem so no wonder he couldn't cope with imbecile and has to resort to the gratuitous use of expletives in his posts.
 zimpara 20 Aug 2015

And I suppose you just happened to be hillwalking in the quarries.
 zimpara 20 Aug 2015
In reply to: Andrewmcloed

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=1216

Just seen your logbook. HAA
 andrewmc 21 Aug 2015
In reply to zimpara:

Not sure what that link has to do with me? Or what is sufficiently hilarious about my logbook?
 zimpara 21 Aug 2015

You logged slate climbs after bringing up it being banned. Bit weird!

The tick list is so that you may never see the horrors of Thomas the tank 4a again. There's better stuff out there.
 andrewmc 22 Aug 2015
In reply to zimpara:
I think you missed the point...

Also thank you for your ticklist. I note that you have apparently led 9% of them, while I have led/alt-led 25% of them, so I am aware there are better things out there (having climbed quite a few of them)... :p
Post edited at 15:37

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...