UKC

Difference in login/registration between UKC and UKH?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ashaughnessy 17 Aug 2015
When I come to UKClimbing, already logged in, I see the User link in the menu bar at top right. If I then go to UKHillwalking, it shows a Login link instead. If I login via UKH, it logs me into UKC. If I try to view my photo gallery via UKH, it tells me I need to login or register (even though I've just logged in via UKH). When I then click the login link, it takes me to my user profile instead of a login link.

The site seems to have some difference between login/registration on each side of the site but sometimes thinks I'm already logged in and sometimes doesn't. I tried sending a message to the UKC admins but got no response. Anyone else found this and got an answer?
Anthony
In reply to ashaughnessy:

I think that is just an old quirk of the site. You should be able to log out from one site and log straight back in again to shed this. Also, I think a force refresh sometimes works on the site you appear not to be logged in on.

Alan
OP ashaughnessy 17 Aug 2015
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Thanks, that worked. I should perhaps have thought of doing the old "turn it off, turn it on again" trick for myself
Anthony

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...