UKC

New PayPal problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 17 Aug 2015
I opened a Paypal account last week to buy an item on Ebay. I did this yesterday and had no issue. I've bought another item today for about £1800 and Paypal is refusing to allow me pay with the CC linked to my account.

As for as I can make out it's because my card is unconfirmed/new account/large amount. I've tried to confirm the card via Paypal who make a small transaction with a number attached which I should be able to see via my Online banking but can't so far. I really need to pay for this item asap as delivery is going to be an issue otherwise.

Any advice? is there another way to pay via paypal?
ultrabumbly 17 Aug 2015
In reply to Indy:
Last time I did this I seem to remember them doing 2 transactions and them asking for both amounts or the last digit of each. They/it may have gone into the "pending" transactions area of your statement rather than as a fully cleared charge. I think when I did it the 2 payments came from two separate charging centres about an hour apart.

You can pay for paypal items straight from your card I think without it going through your paypal acct. Log out of paypal and try clicking pay by paypal and not selecting to use or create an acct. I seem to remember doing that recently on my tablet that didn't have my details stored.
Post edited at 16:39
OP Indy 17 Aug 2015
In reply to ultrabumbly:

Have now confirmed my CC with PayPay but Ebay stalls saying "Please confirm CC with Paypal"

This is a complete joke.
OP Indy 17 Aug 2015
In reply to Indy:

O.K now sorted.... item paid for. PayPal account CLOSED and Ebay account goes back to sleep like Bagpuss. I doubt it'll be used again.
ultrabumbly 17 Aug 2015
In reply to Indy:

Oh no the terror..... it took me nearly 40 years to stop being a little bit creeped out by Bagpuss. I now have youtube.com/watch?v=DlP7l8vkNOk& stuck in my head

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...