UKC

Mugging

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 18 Aug 2015
My Mrs has just been mugged. She'd been to Tesco for the weekly shop when she usually buys a couple of packets of sandwiches for our quick lunch.

She put her bags down to open the car and, lo and behold, some toerag came along and pinched one of the packets of sandwiches which were on top of one of the bags.

She tried to chase the mugger away when he dropped the packet but he did not give up and picked it up again and scarpered. At least she was able to identify the culprit: feathered all over, a bloody great beak and webbed feet.

I hope the cheese and pickle makes the bugger sick.
 Bob 18 Aug 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

Bloody Orville! I tell you, he's gone native since Keith died.
 marsbar 18 Aug 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

I was camping once on Anglsey. I took pre boiled potatoes with me. I was just cooking when a seagulls swooped and stole them
 Trangia 18 Aug 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

Older UKCers must remember the 1963 Hitchcock film "The Birds"?

Do you remember the build up to it with advertising posters announcing

"The Birds is Coming" ?

This mugging is becoming a widespread problem - see my recent thread about being relieved of a pain au raison from the table right in front of me......

People are being attacked and they can be quite nasty.

The Borough Council is considering re-introducing a controlled cull of Herring Gulls here. Although overall they are an endangered species, the are becoming too numerous in some seaside towns which would justify a local temporary lifting of such bans.

If they are culled here I hope that the council also introduce a £100 plus fine for deliberately feeding them, which is the root cause of the problem.

They can feed in the sea, but prefer the easy picking of people eating and rubbish dumping- another inconsiderate human habit.
 Roadrunner5 18 Aug 2015
In reply to Bob:

No chance, it'll be one of those immigrant types.. coming over for a free lunch..
ultrabumbly 18 Aug 2015
In reply to Trangia:

Seaside towns, ageing populations, scavangers turning to predators Tory gov't ........ this is surely planned
 Trangia 18 Aug 2015
In reply to ultrabumbly:

> Seaside towns, ageing populations, scavangers turning to predators Tory gov't ........ this is surely planned

You know why seaside towns have aging populations?

Because people retire there to die, but when they get there, they forget why they came. Ask the NHS.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...