UKC

Cant see videos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 allanscott 19 Aug 2015
Since downloading Windows10 I can't see videos on UK Climbing but I can hear the soundtrack. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
In reply to allanscott:

There aren't really any videos that are "on UKC" as such, they are all on Vimeo and YouTube and just embedded on UKC. Small point but it makes big difference in terms of who controls how they play. Can you see videos anywhere other then UKC?

If not, then you probably need to update Microsoft Silverlight and/or Adobe Flash Player.

Alan
 gethin_allen 19 Aug 2015
In reply to allanscott:
Probably something to do with flash and the fact every browser now seems to think it's evil. Best check in your browser add-ons that flash is enabled.
Post edited at 23:51
 Jack B 20 Aug 2015
In reply to allanscott:
Which browser are you using? On windows 8.1 and earlier the default is Internet Explorer, while on 10 it is a new one called Edge. Edge has come in for some criticism, as it's a little buggy and perhaps not quite finished. So you might have better luck using Internet Explorer (which is included on Windows 10, but isn't the default) or by downloading an alternative such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

Edit: gethin_allen's suggestion to check your browser's addons is a good one, unless you are using Edge. In Edge, flash is built-in, not an addon (in fact I don't think addons are supported by Edge at all yet).
Post edited at 00:16
OP allanscott 27 Aug 2015
In reply to Jack B:

Thanks for that info. Been away for a few days and just picked up your replies this morning. Will investigate these suggestions shortly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...