UKC

How long after a trip does the bug begin to bite again?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 26 Aug 2015
Usually for me a good trip will give me about two weeks of off-hill / crag contentment before the pull begins to warp my outlook.

However, if the trip is not successful, it doesn't last so long and unfortunately my last one has not sated my appetite. There was an alright Thursday with summit views (though it looked sunnier east, west and north!) and it didn't rain, a night camping followed by a wash out Friday, contrary to the most recently available forecast, compounded by better weather on the train route back (Tulloch to Glasgow). Is there a German word for the opposite of schadenfreude?

Anyway, so I am presently hoping to get away one day next week for a scramble in the Glencoe area to compensate!

How long does a trip leave you feeling sated?
 Alan M 26 Aug 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

For me, there isn't any time off from thinking about a new trip when I am in the UK.

As an example I got away (out of the country) 12 times last year but as soon as I land in the UK it's like I had never been on the trip. It's just one thing I can't get out of my mind and why I struggle taking holidays and long trips in the UK.
 d_b 26 Aug 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

about a third of the way through my emails on the first day back at work.
 Mike-W-99 26 Aug 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

I'm normally obsessing over weather forecasts 1st thing Monday morning.
Wiley Coyote2 26 Aug 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

On a good trip? About two days before it finishes
 GridNorth 26 Aug 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

The bug NEVER stops biting.

Although there are times when it's more of a nibble.

Al
 Bobling 26 Aug 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

Depends on the size of the meal the rat had. Last trip, weekend before last, we did Wrecker's Slab which caused it to coil up sleepy and content for....about a week. It's hungry again now.
OP Flinticus 26 Aug 2015
In reply to Bobling:

Yeah, I had a string of good trips, then a mediocre one, so the bug was biting on the train back.

But there's a limit to how much time I can take off and leave my wife with the dog!
cb294 26 Aug 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

Unless backpacking I usually read guidebooks about the next destination while still on a trip....

CB
abseil 26 Aug 2015
In reply to Flinticus:

> How long does a trip leave you feeling sated?

About a week, definitely not a month.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...