UKC

Women with small feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Cragratt 30 Aug 2015
Short of kids textile boots, can anyone recommend walking/scrambling boots for ladies size 2 or 3? Looks like most adult sizes start around 4. Thanks.
Removed User 30 Aug 2015
In reply to Cragratt:

You might want to try outdoor sports stockists in mainland europe ,especially in known climbing areas ie chamonix. They are much better than uk stores at catering to women.
Andy Gamisou 30 Aug 2015
In reply to Cragratt:

Yeah it's a bummer Isn' t it? I'd recommend trawling the EU web-sites. They seem to stock a better selection of small sizes than the rubbish UK shops, and some if the Geramn ones offer free delivery to the UK. My wife takes a size 2 and finds it impossible to get stuff in the UK. We generally wait until a trip to Kalymnos for her to get rock shoes. The 2 shops over there both provide plenty of small shoe selections. Have even bought rock shoes in Cyprus of this size. Can't understand why the UK suppliers are so shit at this - needlesports, etc. hang your heads in shame. You are truly shit at this.
 Sealwife 30 Aug 2015
In reply to Cragratt:

I wear a size 3 shoe usually, however every pair of walking boots I've ever owned have been a size 4. I think the combination of chunky socks and a good lacing system has meant that a 4 is actually the best size for me. Have found that Raichle boots suit my feet particularly well. Not sure if they come up small in the sizing.

Actually, just remembered I had a pair of Salomon approach shoes which were a euro 36. They were a little tight for me.
Andy Gamisou 30 Aug 2015
In reply to Removed UserGRUMPY MONKEY:

> You might want to try outdoor sports stockists in mainland europe ,especially in known climbing areas ie chamonix. They are much better than uk stores at catering to women.

Ha ha - great minds think alike!
Andy Gamisou 30 Aug 2015
In reply to Cragratt:
Try these guys:

http://www.bergfreunde.co.uk/
 UKH Forums 31 Aug 2015
This thread was started in the HILLTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear
Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 kathrync 31 Aug 2015
In reply to Sealwife:

> I wear a size 3 shoe usually, however every pair of walking boots I've ever owned have been a size 4. I think the combination of chunky socks and a good lacing system has meant that a 4 is actually the best size for me. Have found that Raichle boots suit my feet particularly well. Not sure if they come up small in the sizing.

> Actually, just remembered I had a pair of Salomon approach shoes which were a euro 36. They were a little tight for me.

I second this - I measure at size 2.5, but all of my hiking boots are size 4. I find that my feet swell a bit as I hike and boots that allegedly fit me are often too tight after a couple of hours out anyway. The important things I find are to make sure that you don't get any heel lift and to make sure that there isn't enough space at the instep or in the width to allow your feet to slop around inside the boots. If these are ok, then a little bit of extra space in the toe box is fine. I wear fairly thick socks which works in most of my boots and where required replace the insole with something thicker.
 net 31 Aug 2015
In reply to Cragratt:

I'd be a bit cautious of getting kids' shoes as their feet tend to be a different shape and also they're probably made for lighter weight and therefore don't absorb as much impact/might fall apart quicker.

I always buy size 3 rock boots and shops such as Rock and Run sell things like womens 5.10 Anasazi LV and Scarpa Vapour Vs in that size (or will order them in). For mountain boots La Sportiva Nepal's certainly come in size 3 and are available in this country. I've also got Kaylands and Haglofs light hiking boots in size 3. Moreover, and moreover the hiking boots have been at bargian basement prices as they're way less popular than size 5-7. Keep an eye out for bargains and buy buy buy (if they fit of course).
Cragratt 02 Sep 2015
Thanks for the advice. I've ended up with salomon x ultra mid boots in a size 3.5 which should do nicely

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...