UKC

What Route is it? Vivian Quarry.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MischaHY 30 Aug 2015
I was climbing in Vivian today and spotted a steep overhanging crack to (if my memory serves me correctly) the left of The Dwarf in the Toilet (E6 6b). It looked clean and interesting with obvious runner slots, and yet I can't seem to find it in the Slate ground-up guide, or in the UKC logbooks.

Anyone got any ideas as to what this might be? I may have mistaken the area, but I'm fairly certain I've got it right...
OP MischaHY 31 Aug 2015
In reply to MischaHY:

Bump.
 JSH 31 Aug 2015
In reply to MischaHY:

i think this are has had a recent rock fall and quite possible it will have another soon! this might also be the reason for it being clean! if it looks stable go for it!
OP MischaHY 31 Aug 2015
In reply to JSH:

Hmm. I'm almost certain it's an established route. Just looks too clean to not be! Haven't had a close look but looked like it would be hard-ish, E4/5. Ringing any bells for different routes? I may well have the specific area confused as was on several levels of Vivian yesterday.
OP MischaHY 31 Aug 2015
In reply to MischaHY:

From what I can recall/see from the low res guidebook picture, it runs up to the left of the Dwarf line described in the Slate guidebook. Any ideas?

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag87/MTBECalendar/Screen%20Shot%202015-...
 ianstevens 31 Aug 2015
In reply to MischaHY:
Looks like it's waiting for an ascent to me. Have you ever done a wide slate crack just out of interest? They're nails!
Post edited at 13:57
OP MischaHY 31 Aug 2015
In reply to ianstevens:

Ha, nope! I just noticed the line and thought it looked really cool. Probably worth a closer look.
 ianstevens 31 Aug 2015
In reply to MischaHY:

It does look good, go for it! Just prepare for everything you put in to "skid" about. Hands, feet, cams...
OP MischaHY 31 Aug 2015
In reply to ianstevens:

I'm trusting my cams in slate a little less after managing to deck from eight metres yesterday :') Somehow, I've suffered nothing more than a cut thumb and some sore muscles.
Will have to get back down to Vivian and take a closer look.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...