UKC

Olympus E-M10 user question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Recently bought one of the above camera's and really like it, but a little stuck on a couple of features which were easy to do on my older Pen-1

1) when taking pics in iauto is there a quick way to switch to/between self timer, taking normal single shots and multiple shots? This was really easy on the Pen-1, but seems like I have to go into the overall settings, and its a slow process.

2) when in SCN (scene) again how to switch to self timer, or multiple shots. I can't get this to work at all. I was using the night setting in scene and because I couldn't release the shutter on a timer it blurred every time with me pushing the button. I realise I could use the camera manually, but for the shot I was taking I didn't need to.

Thanks
 Toerag 01 Sep 2015
In reply to Simonfarfaraway:

1) Does it have the 'super control panel' like the E-M5, and if so is it turned on? That's what I use to change between shot modes.

2) Why are you using scene mode?! I don't know the answer to that as I never use scene modes.
 JDal 01 Sep 2015
LIke Toerag says, the Super Control Panel is the way to go

http://blog.martinbelan.com/2014/02/how-to-activate-the-super-control-panel...

I have it on all the time, never use that other default thing.
In reply to Toerag:

Brilliant, just turned on 'super control panel' and its now like my old pen-1 that I can actually access stuff in iauto

Thanks ++++ thats going to make stuff easier, don't know why that wouldn't be on by default. Weirdly I had to turn off live control for it to work, not sure what that is but never find.

Thanks again. Oh if you have the E-M5, what do you use to carry lenses? Have you seen/found any cheap options out there, the neoprene ones online seem expensive.
In reply to JDal:

Thanks just found it and turned it on - now much better
 Toerag 02 Sep 2015

> Thanks again. Oh if you have the E-M5, what do you use to carry lenses? Have you seen/found any cheap options out there, the neoprene ones online seem expensive.

I use one of these for my camera bag
http://www.vaude.com/en-NL/Products/Luggage-Bags/Shoulder-Bags/agaPET-anthr...
my oly 40-150 F4-5.6 lives in a bubble wrap bag, my samyang 7.5 fisheye lives in its 'leather' drawstring pouch, and my oly 17mm F1.8 lives on the body. Haven't broken anything yet, but it's not padded like a proper camera bag.
 JDal 02 Sep 2015

For the small m4/3 lenses I use dog treat bags I can get at the local pet shop. Ideal for about 3 quid each.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...