UKC

Easiest climb you've had to resort to aid on

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Robert Durran 06 Sep 2015
Or should that be lowest graded..........
 TobyA 06 Sep 2015
In reply to Robert Durran:

It was a long time ago and I don't really know why I found it so difficult, but I ended up stepping in a sling on the overlap of Spartan Slab. My failure to do it properly was causing a bit of a traffic jam, so I felt I should just get on with it, but its a shame I'll carry to the end.
 Fraser 06 Sep 2015
In reply to TobyA:

I bailed on the same route after P2 due to excessive midge invasion!
 d_b 06 Sep 2015
Sphinx Ridge Direct on The Napes. VDiff. Climbed in late feb/early march iirc, in the pouring rain while covered in slime. Most of the handholds had slugs in them. The first pitch required 2 points of aid, both of which were entirely justified.
Post edited at 20:29
 ben b 06 Sep 2015

I once met someone trying to work out how to ascend that little slippery slab in Bryant's Gully with a pair of Jumars.

He asked me to "lead it and fix (his) rope up above" as he'd been stuck there for about an hour. Wasn't entirely sure why he didn't just scramble up it, but in fairness he was by himself on a quiet day in spring so was probably imagining various doom scenarios and was a bit overwhelmed.

b

wbo 06 Sep 2015
In reply to Robert Durran: a 4+ sports climb a week or so ago I'd guess. I'd taken a beginner out as 'we might get lucky with the weather'. We didn't, and I aided the last few bolts up what was now a waterfall to be able to get the gear back

annak 06 Sep 2015

Crack and Corner at Roaches Upper Tier, HS - the hardest move was getting off the ground...
 Cheese Monkey 06 Sep 2015

Only had to once at Swanage just below the top of an E2. Was not the most pleasant experience. Some chaps were cruising an E4 next door n all and the chap seconding just lazed around on some crimps mid crux and asked if I was alright.
 alan moore 06 Sep 2015
Forced off Horned crag onto Terminal Arete (M) by excessive ice and snow, had to pull on a sling.

Also the starting groove of North Buttress on Tryfan in the rain: Moderate in the old Leppert book.

Have yet to aid an "Easy", but am sure it will come...
 Babika 06 Sep 2015

Great Gully Craig y Ysfa VD. That final wall in the cave with the knotted rope hanging down. No way was I ignoring that....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...