UKC

Buying electronics in Dubai?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JayPee630 10 Sep 2015
After a tablet, and passing through Dubai in a few weeks with a day's stop-over, and wondered if it was much cheaper to buy one there? Anyone know, or have any advice whether to do this or not?
 StefanB 10 Sep 2015
In reply to JayPee630:

I wouldn't bother. I was there earlier this year and only went to one of the big malls, but didn't see any bargains. There might be some slightly cheaper stuff, but not worth the hassle of not having a Uk or EU warranty.
OP JayPee630 10 Sep 2015
In reply to StefanB:

Thanks. Actually just been looking, prices aren't as low as I'd thought they might be.
 1234None 10 Sep 2015
In reply to JayPee630:

Actually, it might be worth a look, as you will be there around the time of eid, when there are often loads of sales and some good bargains.
 DrIan 10 Sep 2015
In reply to JayPee630:

Not sure about tablets but I would say if you are shopping for stuff go to the City Center Deria Mall, not far from the airport and a number of metro stop.

The mall is a mall doesnt have water falls, or ice rinks or massive fish tanks. I found it cheaper, than the dubai mall etc. guess as they aren't paying to pay to feed the fish! has all the same retailer pretty much as well.

I was buying camera stuff and it was quite a bit cheaper than the UK at the time
 Sayon 10 Sep 2015
In reply to JayPee630: i bought the ipad I'm using now a few years back in the UAE- no warranty as mentioned above, but it has worked fine and was a lot cheaper. Depending on the time you have, probably worth looking outside the big malls, perhaps Bur Dubai. Carrefour usually have a good electronics section- again, google the nearest one to where you are staying. There is also a website, Dubizzle, which has cheap electronics deals and free delivery to place of residence or collect.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...