UKC

Kilnsey Deja Vu Bolts Survey

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Rather than have this lost in the other thread lets have a simple survey.

If you think the bolts replacing the tat should stay press like

If you think they should be removed press dislike
Post edited at 12:27
 Dave Garnett 16 Sep 2015
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:

Perhaps you could also ask whether those voting have climbed the route(s) in either version or at least know them well enough to have a clear idea of what's been going on.

I haven't and don't, and so don't have an opinion about it.

Bump
 Puppythedog 16 Sep 2015
In reply to Dave Garnett:
I don't think it is necessary to have climbed the route to have a discussion or view on part of the culture of our community.
 Wicamoi 16 Sep 2015

Or, if you think that, rather than through endless iterations of bolting and chopping, the best way for handling these disputes is via proper consultation akin to the BMC guidelines in the first place, you can like this post.
 Dave Garnett 16 Sep 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

> I don't think it is necessary to have climbed the route to have a discussion or view on part of the culture of our community.

You don't think that, in this case, the question is rather specific to the details and the context?
 Puppythedog 16 Sep 2015

I think the details and the context are well discussed. That you don't need to have a personal experience of the route in question no.
 Michael Gordon 16 Sep 2015

Agreed. It's a case specific question so really respondents should have ideally climbed the line, or at least certainly know the crag well. Like you I haven't and don't so don't feel I'm well enough informed to take part.
 deacondeacon 16 Sep 2015
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Yes but surely the people who've already climbed it have already climbed it (if that makes sense).
The debate in question affects the climbers who aspire to climb the route, more than someone who climbed it once in 1988 and is unlikely to repeat it.

I'm not sure how I feel one way or the other, except that If Neil really was unsure about the best course of action for the route concerned, he should perhaps have garnered opinion before bolting rather than after.
 Michael Gordon 16 Sep 2015
In reply to deacondeacon:

Those with the route on their 'to do' list, fair enough. I do think knowing the venue and having done some other stuff there would be desirable

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...