UKC

David Cameron Hahahahahahaha!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oldsign 21 Sep 2015
My dear lord, I've heard it all now. This must be worth a resignation speech

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/606695/David-Cameron-dead-pig-privat...
 Timmd 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

I like this joke from the comments.

"Doctor, I think I'm turning into a pig."

"How long have you felt like this, Mr Cameron?"

"A weeeeeeeeeeeeek!"

cander 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Hope no one finds out about the stuff we did at University!
 Si_G 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Snout wrong with that.
 summo 21 Sep 2015
In reply to SiGregory:

I doubt he is for the chop, he'll continue to bring home the bacon.
 gribble 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Brings a disturbing new meaning to his "we're not all in it together."
 Trevers 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

I wonder if the pigs will think it worth investigating?

(apologies to any cops I've offended)
 toad 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Ah the legendary cameron pork sword
 The New NickB 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

The most shocking thing about all this is the revelation that somebody reads the Express!
 toad 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Some PM...

(apologies to EB White)
 d_b 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Clearly Charlie Brooker knew something.
 MG 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Larry is loving this

https://twitter.com/Number10cat
Moley 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

And he smoked weed whilst listening to Supertramp, pretty normal for a student of that era.
 dread-i 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Moley:

>And he smoked weed whilst listening to Supertramp, pretty normal for a student of that era.
Supertramp, oh dear. No wonder he wants to keep quiet about it.

There are rumours that he did coke as well, but he has always taken a strong line when it comes to drug abuse.
 jkarran 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Perhaps he misheard the phrase "get your snout in the trough Dave!"

What a shame, it couldn't have happened to a nicer chap.
jk
Lusk 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

What a dick
 skog 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

I don't see what all the fuss is about - Kermit has been doing it for ages, and everyone still loves him.
 Trevers 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

The official line from Number 10 is that this is 'utter pigswill'
KevinD 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Did he sing the national anthem though?
 toad 21 Sep 2015
In reply to KevinD:

Now we know why Jeremy Corbyn kept his mouth shut....

(c)b3ta
Clauso 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

And this is why the likes of us oiks will never become fully fledged oinks, like our masters.
Clauso 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

... Brooker also added that the leader of the opposition now has some ammunition, saying: "I hope Jeremy Corbyn is going to read out questions from members of the public again this Wednesday."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/david-cameron-black-mirror-charlie-64850...
 pebbles 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:
Possibly my favourite tweet of the many
"I was simply carving my Sunday roast and fell, as did my trousers, and landed on top of the pig." #piggate
Post edited at 14:19
 Morgan Woods 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Moley:

> And he smoked weed whilst listening to Supertramp, pretty normal for a student of that era.

You're bloody well right!
 Tony the Blade 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

The creatures looked from man to pig and from pig to man, and it was impossible to tell which was which.
George Orwell, Animal Farm

(as quoted by Suzanne Moore in The Guardian today).
 skog 21 Sep 2015
 deepsoup 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

The Daily Mash, as it sometimes does, has slipped from satire to straightforward reportage. This is meant to be comedy, but it's not, it's merely truth: http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/britons-wearily-a...
KevinD 21 Sep 2015
In reply to deepsoup:

I wonder what would happen if you really pissed Ashcroft off. As opposed to not giving him a job.
 Simon4 21 Sep 2015
In reply to KevinD:
No 10 says "This story is clearly a completely untrue, vicious, underhand attack. It is in fact a complete load of hogwash."

Meanwhile, the pig has threatened to sue anyone promoting the story while simultaneously, tearfully and contradictorily claiming that DC promised he would still love it in the morning, but never even phoned later, let alone sending some flowers.
Post edited at 15:53
 gethin_allen 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Moley:

> And he smoked weed whilst listening to Supertramp, pretty normal for a student of that era.

I like the way he's trying to excuse the fact he listened to Supertramp by claiming to be stoned.
 The Lemming 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

If any of the contents in the book were lies, wouldn't the PM want to sue?

Surely he'd want to hear somebody squeal for this?

youtube.com/watch?v=RFbWkL818XQ&
 broken spectre 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

This isn't going away. It will be crackling over the airwaves for ever
 MonkeyPuzzle 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Dave Cameron always looked like he would breeze effortlessly in and out of No.10, but it now appears there's a twist in this tail.
 GrahamD 21 Sep 2015
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

Brains will always triumph over brawn.
 toad 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Ahhh All Hail CassetteBoy

youtube.com/watch?v=FBpQJ98rR4o&
 dek 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Tsk. ....'Suckling Pig'?....
 The Lemming 21 Sep 2015
In reply to toad:

> Ahhh All Hail CassetteBoy

Awesome!

How can Cameron not resign?
cb294 21 Sep 2015
In reply to toad:

For in depth analysis, listen to Prof. Brubaker from the Institute of Studies:

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/this-is-all-so-un...

CB
 Timmd 21 Sep 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

> Awesome!

> How can Cameron not resign?

He can deny it, and also say that anything he did while as a student doesn't make any different to what kind of job he'd do in running the country?
In reply to Oldsign:

That man's pulled pork.

Moley 21 Sep 2015
In reply to gethin_allen:

Oi, what's all this knocking Supertramp, they weren't that bad.

I'm off to my shed to sup my pint of ale and put my Supertramp vinyl on the deck.......such is age, I can reassure DC he has something to look forward to when he is no longer in office.

No pigs round here, but plenty of sexy little sheep!
 elsewhere 21 Sep 2015
In reply to The Lemming:
> How can Cameron not resign?

#piggate may not be a resigning matter unless he becomes a political liability.

If he lied about when he knew Ashcroft was a non-dom that's more of a resigning matter.

Ashcroft's tory support may have been pig in a poke but I did't realise dave had a poke in a pig.

aln 21 Sep 2015
In reply to KevinD:

> I wonder what would happen if you really pissed Ashcroft off.

He'd probably do what he usually does and write a boring whiney song about it then go around telling everyone how epic and genius it is.
Donald82 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Best and funniest news ever.
 gribble 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Methinks he'll struggle both at home and on the international stage with everyone referring to him as Kermit from now on.
 Si_G 21 Sep 2015
Just boaring,
Quit spamming the forum with it.
 wiwwim 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

put ones weaner in the weener gafaw
 nastyned 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Moley:

> I'm off to my shed to sup my pint of ale and put my Supertramp vinyl on the deck.......such is age, I can reassure DC he has something to look forward to when he is no longer in office.

Pint of hog goblin is it?

In reply to Oldsign:

It's just a simple misunderstanding. Boris asked him if he fancied coming down the Boars Head.
 Trevers 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Why would anyone have sex with a pig? It's just completely iRASHERnal.
Jim C 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:
And what of possible future PMs , Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne and Mayor of London Boris Johnson.were they not part of the same litter?

And who of the 3 got the sloppy seconds helping ?
Post edited at 22:07
Clauso 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Jim C:

> And what of possible future PMs , Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne and Mayor of London Boris Johnson...

Personally, I'd like to see them court something more exotic than a pig. A porcupine maybe?

dek 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Another case of... 'Toffs in the Snout'...?
 DaveHK 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

My favourite has been 'The Prosciutto Affair'.
Clauso 21 Sep 2015
In reply to dek:

It's a porcine of the times when this sort of thing is bandied about in the media about our PM?
 Postmanpat 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Jim C:

> And what of possible future PMs , Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne and Mayor of London Boris Johnson.were they not part of the same litter?
>

Can't help wondering which "senior Tory MP" was in a position to spill the beans……..apparently not a cabinet minister, which rather narrows the field.

dek 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Clauso:

> It's a porcine of the times when this sort of thing is bandied about in the media about our PM?

Poor Dave, he just wanted a quick Sow Job?
Clauso 21 Sep 2015
In reply to dek:

David Does Danish?
 Postmanpat 21 Sep 2015
In reply to dek:

Sounds like Jezzer's a bit jealous of Dave Cameron hogging the news

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/09/21/jeremy-corbyn-deletes-embarrassi...
KevinD 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Postmanpat:

> apparently not a cabinet minister, which rather narrows the field.

Thats easy. Its the one who will be spending more time with their family come reselection time.
 Postmanpat 21 Sep 2015
In reply to KevinD:

> Thats easy. Its the one who will be spending more time with their family come reselection time.

I think this one is impregnable
 dek 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Postmanpat:

> Sounds like Jezzer's a bit jealous of Dave Cameron hogging the news

Did comrade Jeremy, tour East Germany, with Abbot riding his Hog, or was it a Chop-per...A sidecar must've been involved?!

ericinbristol 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

#piggate on Twitter is extremely funny
Clauso 21 Sep 2015
In reply to ericinbristol:

Wouldn't it be fantastic if Corbyn instructed the entire shadow front bench to wear pigs head masks for the next session of PMQ's?
Post edited at 23:19
 elsewhere 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Clauso:
PMQ's

I have a question from Bob, a pig farmer in Suffolk....
 dek 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Clauso:

> Wouldn't it be fantastic if Corbyn instructed the entire shadow front bench to wear pigs head masks for the next session of PMQ's?

Well Corbyn's partial to some Ham-Ass, too...
Clauso 21 Sep 2015
In reply to elsewhere:

Joking aside though, who amongst us can honestly put our hand on our heart and swear that we've never indulged in a little beastiality prior to becoming PM?... I know that I have.
Jim C 21 Sep 2015
In reply to Clauso:

> Joking aside though, who amongst us can honestly put our hand on our heart and swear that we've never indulged in a little beastiality prior to becoming PM?... I know that I have.

Well we might find out when Osborne and Johnston go for the job, and will have to address that very question.
I do hope they don't tell any porkies.
KevinD 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Clauso:

> Wouldn't it be fantastic if Corbyn instructed the entire shadow front bench to wear pigs head masks for the next session of PMQ's?

Could be unfortunate if any have an open mouth.
 Fat Bumbly2 22 Sep 2015
Share and Enjoy!

Cú Chullain 22 Sep 2015
I think the whole thing is hilarious nonsense but I'm also amused to see the same sorts of people who are usually to be found chin-stroking and decrying the daily mail / Express as a muck raking organs of lies have jumped all over this like they are peer reviewed scientifically proven facts.

I just wish I was a fly on the wall the next time HamCam bumps into Ashcroft away from cameras and microphones.
 Morgan Woods 22 Sep 2015
In reply to toad:

too good!
 Greenbanks 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

http://theleveller.org/2015/09/british-really-laughing/

Interesting piece - certainly not hogwash (or has that one been done?)
KevinD 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Cú Chullain:

> I think the whole thing is hilarious nonsense but I'm also amused to see the same sorts of people who are usually to be found chin-stroking and decrying the daily mail / Express as a muck raking organs of lies have jumped all over this like they are peer reviewed scientifically proven facts.

I am amused to see people confusing the serialisation of a book with the normal content of a paper.
Its almost as amusing as I havent come across anyone who outright thinks it is bollocks. Most seem to be tending towards unsure but wouldnt rule it out. Which is quite damning in itself really.
 Postmanpat 22 Sep 2015
In reply to KevinD:

Which is quite damning in itself really.
>
Damning of what: Dave, or the authors/DM?

Simon4 22 Sep 2015
In reply to KevinD:
> Its almost as amusing as I havent come across anyone who outright thinks it is bollocks. Most seem to be tending towards unsure but wouldnt rule it out. Which is quite damning in itself really.

Yes, but most people were quite prepared to convict Paul Gambaccini and Sir Cliff Richard, just on the basis of sensationalist leaks and elaborately staged theatrical police raids, when these investigations now seem to be either collapsing or running very expensively into the sands, with "evidence" largely being provided by mentally disturbed fantasists or in the case of Cameron, a rumour of a single "source" who is unknown and there "may" have been a case of mistaken identity. Similarly the supposed clear and obvious guilt of Sir Edward Heath seems to have evaporated into tales and tittle tattle. One can also think back to the vicious witch-hunt of the landlord in Bristol, tried, convicted and sentenced to hang by the "court of public opinion" for carrying out a foul crime, subsequently found to be guilty of nothing more serious than being a bit eccentric and having a lousy haircut.

We seem to have lurched from a situation where genuine victims were ignored and treated with disdain to one where a single, uncorroborated allegation is viewed as the equivalent of truth. This is not progress, nor is the level of outrage proportionate to the seriousness of the supposed offence, witness the very low key reporting of the Rotheram situation, thousands of children abused and mistreated in the most appalling fashion, yet largely buried a few months later.

A great deal of fun has been had by all, with some very funny porkine puns (and some dreadful ones), but we need to get back to remembering the principle of innocent until proven guilty and that you can't just believe something disgusting about your political opponents, just because they are your political opponents. Veering from refusing to believe a great many genuine victims of vicious child sexual exploitation because their stories conflict with political correctness or threaten "community cohesion" to treating the most tenuous allegation of wrongdoing as self-evidently proven, especially if it involves a celeb, is leaping from the frying pan to the fire.
Post edited at 16:11
 Rob Exile Ward 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Simon4:
I don't think the principle of innocent until proven guilty really applies to politicians and the court of public opinion, and conflating Cameron's discomfiture with some of the more crass examples - the Bristol landlord, Lord McAlpine, even - Dear God - Cliff Richard - isn't helpful.

This is silly season, knockabout stuff, with an added frisson of a glimpse of the true nature of total sh*tes like Ashcroft - 'if you want to know what God thinks of people with money, look at the people he gave it too..' It has taken off because it's rude, quite funny, and there's an element that people think it does resonate with what they suspect sometimes goes on (and always have - what DID Isherwood and his mates get up to with that chicken back in the '30s? And, after all, no animals were hurt in the making (up?) of this story.
Post edited at 17:13
 wbo 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Simon4 - would you have written that if the allegations were made against a Labour politician?

gribble 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Simon4:

The one person who could deny it clearly isn't.
 radddogg 22 Sep 2015
In reply to gribble:

Not worth wasting his time on gutter press articles such as this.

Saying he did do this as some sort of initiation ceremony, whose business is it if it broke no laws?
 gribble 22 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

"Responding to allegations about oral sex with a dead pig would be ‘undignified’, according to a man who once had oral sex with a dead pig." - Daily Mash!

Whose business? The electorate...?!
In reply to Oldsign:

However they try to play this one, his career as a respected politician viewed by the working man in the street is over, fair enough some peasant doing this, but the PM, not really Dave, you're a complete muppet. The thing about it all though is it was known about all the time by the relivant powers and still he got to PM. We really deserve better as a nation, much better.
 toad 22 Sep 2015
In reply to John Simpson:

> However they try to play this one, his career as a respected politician viewed by the working man in the street is over

Ah, if only. I refer you to the Daily Mash article referenced further up. He's behaved just like we expected him to behave. Life for the rest of us just moves on
 Yanis Nayu 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

I think the main thing to take from this, if we didn't already know it, is what a nasty bastard Ashcroft is.

I couldn't give a shit if Cameron did it or not, but his discomfiture is amusing to behold.
 Dave the Rave 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> I think the main thing to take from this, if we didn't already know it, is what a nasty bastard Ashcroft is.

> I couldn't give a shit if Cameron did it or not, but his discomfiture is amusing to behold.

Au contraire. Pigs have soft lips. Allegedly.
 Yanis Nayu 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Dave the Rave:

I suppose putting your nob in a dead pig's mouth is better than putting a dead pig's nob in your mouth.
OP Oldsign 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

And the award for most pig puns in a single article goes to:

http://the-orator.co.uk/2015/09/pig-gate/
 Rob Exile Ward 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:
That article would have just that incy-wincy, tad more credibility if the author had managed to spell 'Osborne' correctly.
Post edited at 21:49
 Yanis Nayu 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

With a c, a u, an n and a t?
 FactorXXX 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Here's Cameron's response: -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34328067
 The New NickB 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Simon4:
> Yes, but most people were quite prepared to convict Paul Gambaccini and Sir Cliff Richard, just on the basis of sensationalist leaks and elaborately staged theatrical police raids, when these investigations now seem to be either collapsing or running very expensively into the sands, with "evidence" largely being provided by mentally disturbed fantasists or in the case of Cameron, a rumour of a single "source" who is unknown and there "may" have been a case of mistaken identity. Similarly the supposed clear and obvious guilt of Sir Edward Heath seems to have evaporated into tales and tittle tattle. One can also think back to the vicious witch-hunt of the landlord in Bristol, tried, convicted and sentenced to hang by the "court of public opinion" for carrying out a foul crime, subsequently found to be guilty of nothing more serious than being a bit eccentric and having a lousy haircut.

You are sounding very much like a supporter of Hacked Off, I'm sure Christopher Jeffries (the Bristol landlord), Hugh Grant and Steve Coogan appreciate the support.

It's ironic though, because I clearly remember you saying that all the allegations against the Murdock press amounted to nothing and we're just a Guardianista plot.
Post edited at 22:39
 Trevers 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:
FWIW, I can't see this hurting Cameron much in the long run.

I doubt most people believe it but it resonates with people because it's the sort of ridiculous thing they imagine goes on in Oxford elite societies. Even if true, everyone knows it wasn't a sexual act.

At the end of the day, the fact he was part of the Bullingdon Club says an awful lot more about his character and attitude than this (still disgusting) act (if it happened). Yet that hasn't stopped him becoming PM.
Post edited at 23:37
 pneame 22 Sep 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:

I can't say I like the chap, but that's a rather good response. He goes up a little in my estimation.
 Jon Stewart 23 Sep 2015
In reply to Simon4:

> Yes, but most people were quite prepared to convict Paul Gambaccini and Sir Cliff Richard...Veering from refusing to believe a great many genuine victims of vicious child sexual exploitation because their stories conflict with political correctness or threaten "community cohesion" to treating the most tenuous allegation of wrongdoing as self-evidently proven, especially if it involves a celeb, is leaping from the frying pan to the fire.

Are you on about the same story as the rest of us?
 Yanis Nayu 23 Sep 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

> Are you on about the same story as the rest of us?

I wondered that. Not that I necessarily disagree with the sentiment; I just find the connection extremely tenuous.
 deepsoup 23 Sep 2015
In reply to Trevers:
> FWIW, I can't see this hurting Cameron much in the long run.

Might even be handy for him that no one is talking about the cuts to tax credits that he promised weren't going to happen three months before they did. All that guff about supporting "hard working families", lying sack of shit.

Ho hum. Back to the fun. Some quality work from Jim'll Paint It: http://jimllpaintit.tumblr.com/image/129648230869
 jkarran 23 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

> Saying he did do this as some sort of initiation ceremony, whose business is it if it broke no laws?

It's not that he may or may not have interfered with a dead pig that's interesting (don't get me wrong, I'm still laughing typing this), it's the spotlight this shines on the power these people hold over each other for a lifetime and the corruption that can bring that's important.

You or I wouldn't get a job shuffling low-grade official memos around Whitehall if we had the slightest whiff of blackmail potential in our past yet we're seeing this blow up in the face of the PM. Who's business is it? Ours! Who's interests has he been serving and why?

jk
Post edited at 09:35
 rodgit 23 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Piggy Purgatory. (With apologies to Jamie Lawson)

Me and my piggy mates
Being driven out the gates.
I wasn't expecting that.

Into the slaughter shed
A stun gun to my head
I wasn't expecting that.

Now in fear of my life
What are they doing with that knife?
I wasn't expecting that.

My life blood is slipping away.
I'm not having a good day
I wasn't expecting that.

They're sawing off my head
It's even worse than being dead
I wasn't expecting that.

What is to be my fate?
Laid out on a silver plate.
I wasn't expecting that.

It seems to be party time
Things are looking very fine.
I wasn't expecting that.

Here's that nice Cameron man.
What's that he's got in his hand?
I WASN'T EXPECTING THAT!

Chris the Tall 23 Sep 2015
In reply to pneame:

> I can't say I like the chap, but that's a rather good response. He goes up a little in my estimation.

Don't forget he was happy to take Ashcroft's money in return for a seat in the lords. Neither had any qualms over the ethics of buying and selling access to government, they merely fell out over the details of the bargain.
 Trevers 23 Sep 2015
In reply to Chris the Tall:

> Don't forget he was happy to take Ashcroft's money in return for a seat in the lords. Neither had any qualms over the ethics of buying and selling access to government, they merely fell out over the details of the bargain.

It's a shame that this important point is getting lost behind the pig-f*cker image.
In reply to Simon4:

If it was untrue Cameron would be sueing
 Trevers 23 Sep 2015
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

I doubt it. Among other reasons, that would prolong the story. The lack of outright denial isn't an admission of guilt in this instance.
 Sir Chasm 23 Sep 2015

> If it was untrue Cameron would be sueing

That's not really true. The claim is that Ashcroft has been told that Cameron stuck his tackle in a pig's mouth. Ashcroft isn't saying Cameron did it, he's saying he was told Cameron did it.
 Chris the Tall 23 Sep 2015

> If it was untrue Cameron would be sueing

It's a very old tactic - http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002579626
 Mr Lopez 23 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Saw this today which i find interesting and somewhat related http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/niamh-eastwood/david-cameron-drug-policy-pi...
 radddogg 23 Sep 2015
In reply to Sir Chasm:

Yep, its not libelous if it is your belief or understanding. I saw it on QI!
 radddogg 23 Sep 2015
In reply to deepsoup:

Yes but if both parents are working you are pretty much out of the criteria for WTC anyway, unless you're both on minimum wage and seeing as minimum wage will be going up substantially this won't be a problem for long.

This is my fundamental problem with Labour voters, they are all spend, spend, spend without thinking about where the money comes from. New Labour screwed the economy, Conservatives fixed it. While we continue to have a good economy I'll continue to vote tory.
 MonkeyPuzzle 23 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

My problem with people who make sweeping generalisations is that they're all totally unaware how wrong it makes them in every situation.
 Rob Exile Ward 23 Sep 2015
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle: Personally I've told such people a million times to stop exaggerating, but do they listen?

Jon Stewart 23 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

> New Labour screwed the economy, Conservatives fixed it.

You're staggeringly gullible.
 radddogg 23 Sep 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Ok I know it is more nuanced than that but it is undeniable that the economy is better now than when labour were in power. Go on deny it and back it up
 ebdon 23 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

Yeah! Screw the poor! What have the ever done for us? (Apart from supply suitability soft lipped pigs)

Almost everyone I know is worse off under this government
 radddogg 23 Sep 2015
In reply to ebdon:

Don't put words into my mouth.

I've been made redundant recently so I'd say I fit into the poor category. This time it was due to mismanagement, last time I was made redundant it was because of the collapse of the house building industry - thanks Labour.
cb294 23 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

Correlation is not causation. You would actually expect any political measure to have a delayed effect on the economy, suggesting that improvements seen under a given government often mean that their predecessors did something right.

Case in point, the Merkel government in Germany reaping the rewards of Schroeder´s unpopular Agenda 2010 reforms.

In addition, changes in the global economic environment are going to affect any given national economy more rapidly and often more severely than national political interventions. I think it can be reasonably argued that the economic recovery in the UK occurred despite rather than because of the Tory austerity measures.

CB
 radddogg 23 Sep 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

> You're staggeringly gullible.

So is your mum, she'd swallow anything, or so Paddy Ashdown told me...
 radddogg 23 Sep 2015
In reply to cb294:

> Correlation is not causation. You would actually expect any political measure to have a delayed effect on the economy, suggesting that improvements seen under a given government often mean that their predecessors did something right.

Exactly. Labour took over in 1997 and the economy was ok until 2003. Even if the decent economy in the first Tory term was due to labours good work in their second term, tough sh1t, they broke it.
 GrahamD 23 Sep 2015
In reply to ebdon:

> Almost everyone I know is worse off under this government

Measured how exactly ?
cb294 23 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

I would argue that the financial crisis triggered by criminal banks especially in the US (but secondarily elsewhere including the UK) broke economies worldwide, and that Labour did a reasonable job dealing with the fallout.

Doesn´t mean they didn't fall for the light touch regulation, greed is good ideology before, but that is nothing the Tories would have done any differently.

CB

skog 23 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

See figure 2 in link below.

Labour failed to put enough in the piggy bank when the going was good, but I don't see much reason to believe they made a ham of the economy.

This doesn't make it look like the Tories have done a particularly great job of helping people bring home the bacon, either:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/elmr/gdp-and-the-labour-market/q1-2014--may-g...
 The New NickB 23 Sep 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

> You're staggeringly gullible.

It's a tribute to the efforts of Murdock and Rothermere!
 radddogg 23 Sep 2015
In reply to The New NickB:

Of course labour can't use the press can they, oh poor labour, the victims, again....

So what was this thread about again? Oh yeah, a tabloid smear on the Tory leader. How ironic.
KevinD 23 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

> Oh yeah, a tabloid smear on the Tory leader. How ironic.

Actually its about the serialisation of a book by a major tory donor who got in a sulk about not getting enough bang for his buck.
Close though.
In reply to radddogg:

> Of course labour can't use the press can they, oh poor labour, the victims, again....

> So what was this thread about again? Oh yeah, a tabloid smear on the Tory leader. How ironic.

Are Michael Ashcroft, Isobel Oakshott and the Daily Mail working for Labour, now you have got a serious exclusive there!
 radddogg 23 Sep 2015
In reply to KevinD:

> Actually its about the serialisation of a book by a major tory donor who got in a sulk about not getting enough bang for his buck.

> Close though.

Funny I thought the hashtag #piggate was trending but it must have been porkies
 radddogg 23 Sep 2015

The Express is a tabloid
 Jon Stewart 23 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:
> Ok I know it is more nuanced than that but it is undeniable that the economy is better now than when labour were in power. Go on deny it and back it up

What point when Labour was in power? Over what period? Anyone could cherry pick a measure to "prove" that their side was responsible for higher growth. None of the comparisons are reliable because the conditions are different for each period you choose. It is a bullshitters game.

It is not government spending, nor in fact government policy generally that is responsible for the economic cycle, although it has an influence of debatable proportions. The relevant question regarding the 2008 crash is whether it would have been better or worse with a different government in power at the time. My view is that if the Tories had been in for the previous decade, then there would probably have been greater deregulation and the level of dodge/dishonesty/recklessness in the banking sector would probably have been even higher, so the crash might have been even more catastrophic; that there wouldn't have been the same level of investment in public services for the previous decade; that they would also have had to bail out the banks; but that they wouldn't have frittered away so much in the final period once recession hit. Would we be better or worse off under those policies? Who can say. I think our schools and hospitals would be a lot shitter now, and that's important to me. The deficit might now be lower, which is less so.

So which part am I wrong about here? And back it up.
Post edited at 17:30
In reply to radddogg:

> The Express is a tabloid

That is a factual statement, but what relevance does it have to the discussion and particularly my limited contribution to the discussion?
 radddogg 23 Sep 2015

The bit where you said this thread wasn't about a tabloid smear
 radddogg 23 Sep 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Ok lets cut the bullsh*t then.

The only empirical measure that can't be faked is the result of the last two elections.
 Jon Stewart 23 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

> The only empirical measure that can't be faked is the result of the last two elections.

I'm not sure that's true, and I can't see the relevance. In 2010, the Tories got 36% of the vote and 37% in 2015. So there isn't a national consensus on their economic policies, if that was your point?
 Trevers 23 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

> The only empirical measure that can't be faked is the result of the last two elections.

Do you see politics as a sport then? You only care about your side winning?
KevinD 23 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

> The bit where you said this thread wasn't about a tabloid smear

You do realise the express isnt the source of the allegations dont you?
Kipper 23 Sep 2015

> ... Isobel Oakshott ....

I feel a bit sorry she was given a poorly spelt first name, but her surname came down through the generations.

In reply to radddogg:
> The bit where you said this thread wasn't about a tabloid smear

a) I don't believe I made that claim;

b) the source is a book by Ashcroft and Oakeshott;

c) serialised in the Mail not the Express; and

d) my comment regarding Murdock and Rothermere had nothing to do with smears, it had everything to do with you buying their narrative.
Post edited at 19:50
In reply to Kipper:

Tony will be cursing me, I managed to spell both her names incorrectly.
 radddogg 24 Sep 2015

The link in the first post is the Express
 radddogg 24 Sep 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Yes but it wasn't a two house race. The labour percentage was considerably lower. The point being it doesn't matter what an individual believes, it's the belief of the consensus. The beauty of the free vote.
 radddogg 24 Sep 2015

And the daily mail is a tabloid
 Roadrunner5 24 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

> Ok I know it is more nuanced than that but it is undeniable that the economy is better now than when labour were in power. Go on deny it and back it up

1. You are ignoring current events
2. When during labours tenure?
mgco3 24 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Typical human behaviour.

The government are doing the same thing to all of us and yet one dead pig gets screwed and the country is up in arms!!
 summo 24 Sep 2015
In reply to mgco3:
> Typical human behaviour.
> The government are doing the same thing to all of us and yet one dead pig gets screwed and the country is up in arms!!

So true, millions of African's dies in wars, from aids, malaria etc... not a peep.... one lion gets shot... global outrage. There is nowt so queer as folk. It's the power of the press.
Post edited at 07:13
 The New NickB 24 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

> The link in the first post is the Express

No shit!

Back to my final point!
In reply to radddogg:

> And the daily mail is a tabloid

No shit!

Back to my final point!
 Hat Dude 24 Sep 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> I suppose putting your nob in a dead pig's mouth is better than putting a dead pig's nob in your mouth.

I've seen some very dodgy looking Pork Scratchings!

As the old saying goes"The only thing wasted from a pig is the squeal"
 Hat Dude 24 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

> Yes but it wasn't a two house race.

I'd like to see one of those

" Number 33 Canal Street is hanging on in the lead, but coming up fast on the outside is the semi detached from Acacia Gardens, Bide a Wee"
Jim C 24 Sep 2015
In reply to Simon4:

Really, do you seriously think Ascroft would have written this if it was not 100% true , and he could not possibly be sued for it. Cameron knows it's true thats why he has not denied it . (as any innocent person would do)

mgco3 24 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

The opposition should exploit this story to the Max.

Every time Cameron gets up to speak in parliament he should me met by a rousing chorus of , "Oink, oink, oink"!
 Postmanpat 24 Sep 2015
In reply to Jim C:

> Really, do you seriously think Ascroft would have written this if it was not 100% true , and he could not possibly be sued for it. Cameron knows it's true thats why he has not denied it . (as any innocent person would do)

His coauthor Isabel Oakeshott has been on interviewed to the effect that "this is what we were told" and the text of the book apparently only says "a Tory MP says". If the co-author won't confirm she believes it too be 100% true why do you think Ashcroft knows it to be 100% true. Cameron therefore can't sue and anyway, what's the point? It'll just give the story legs.

Anyway, so what? "Pissed student in stupid prank, shock, horror".

The stuff about Cameron's lack of any real political beliefs is much more damning.
 Steve nevers 24 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Its the story on page 6 thats more important than this.
 radddogg 24 Sep 2015
In reply to Jim C:

> Really, do you seriously think Ascroft would have written this if it was not 100% true , and he could not possibly be sued for it. Cameron knows it's true thats why he has not denied it . (as any innocent person would do)

Statements made in a good faith and reasonable belief that they were true are not defamatory.

There is a difference between saying "he put his knob in a pigs mouth" and "I believe he put his knob in a pigs mouth".

Ashdown is pretty much admitting that it is a load of bollox as he is hiding behind "a friend".
 radddogg 24 Sep 2015

CBA to scroll up and reread. Will just assume your point was bogus. OKTHXBYE xxx
In reply to radddogg:

> CBA to scroll up and reread. Will just assume your point was bogus.

Doesn't surprise me!
 jkarran 24 Sep 2015
In reply to Jim C:

> Cameron knows it's true thats why he has not denied it . (as any innocent person would do)

An innocent PM probably wouldn't though. Ignore it now and it's gone in a month save for the occasional snigger. Deny it then pursue what is basically a 'yes you did', 'no I didn't' trial of credibility through the courts and his career will be defined by it. The clips of him standing up on TV saying 'I did not interfere with that pig' will haunt him forever like Clinton and his (albeit false) denials.

jk
 Yanis Nayu 24 Sep 2015
In reply to jkarran:

Boris would have 'fessed up by now. "Well what chap hasn't at one time or another been caught somewhat copulus fellatius inflagranti with an alluringly accommodating porcine?"
 jkarran 24 Sep 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Boris is a clown not a fool.
jk
 radddogg 24 Sep 2015

Lol. I liked it. Dunno who disliked it!
In reply to radddogg:

I wear the dislikes as a badge of honour!
 radddogg 24 Sep 2015

Like an ASBO. Here have another.
 sg 24 Sep 2015
In reply to radddogg:

The Daily Mash are so right; we're the ones who should be embarrassed not Davey C. He can be all 'look I did this with a dead pig and you lot don't even give a toss', while we're 'yeah well, it's a bit weird but it's not really a problem, as long as they keep laying waste to the country because they're right, we can't afford to spend money on anything at all any more'.
mgco3 29 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

I found this, it sounds like another "tory" initiation :-

"Pederasty.

Considered a rite of passage in ancient Greece, this practice involved the publicly sanctioned relationship between an older man and a younger boy. Many historians believe it coincided with the beginning of a young male’s military career."

I don't know about ancient Greece, sound more like Eton or Harrow to me..
 Owen240 29 Sep 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Innocent until proven guilty. Judging by the initiation/hazing rituals I've heard of from Eton, Kings, and Harrow, it's quite believable though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...