UKC

Any nurses in the house?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Brendan H 30 Sep 2015
We're coming back to the UK next month, can't wait/will miss the hell out of my job here.
Question is? What does a band 5 nurse take home every month? Trying to start looking for houses etc.
 climber34neil 30 Sep 2015
In reply to Brendan H:

Starting salary on first pay point of band 5 is £21490 ish which works out around £1700 net salary ( before tax etc) of course that Can vary greatly depending on where you work and who you work for and weather you would be claiming enhancements for unsocial hours, nights etc . I guess if you will be working for NHS then unsocial enhancements would roughly be around 30% of the hourly rate
 gribble 30 Sep 2015
In reply to Brendan H:

http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/working-in-the-nhs/pay-and-benefits/agenda-for...

Although don't expect many pay rises any time soon! Good luck...
 marsbar 30 Sep 2015
In reply to gribble:

I'm assuming all this 24 hours NHS nonsense will be an excuse to cut pay.
 SAF 30 Sep 2015
In reply to Brendan H:

Payscales as per gribbles post, + unsocial hours 30% for nights & Saturdays and 60% for Sundays and bank holidays.

Be warned though, the NHS is not a happy place at the moment, so depending when you moved abroad you may be in for a shock.
Removed User 30 Sep 2015
In reply to Brendan H:

You'll also have to get compliant with Revalidation;

http://www.nmc.org.uk/standards/revalidation/
OP Brendan H 01 Oct 2015
In reply to Removed UserDeleted bagger:

This realisation stuff is giving me a headache. In the last 3 years iv done a post grad certificate an point of care ultrasound qualification and 260+ hours of online and workplace training. I'm not sure how to comply with the other bits of it though.
I moved abroad in 2011 so it's all new to me
 1step2far 01 Oct 2015
In reply to Brendan H:
You're not alone. Alot of us are struggling with what we need to do. Unless you're due your three year check next year sit tight and see what happens. (That's what me and my colleagues are doing). Must admit our trust is being very supportive of those who are due next year and as long as you've worked the hours have done some learning and two reflections on what you've learnt etc. I think we'll be ok. But NMC do want electronic copies so you'll need to scan pdfs of certificates etc.
 Dauphin 01 Oct 2015
In reply to Brendan H:

Unless you have a pile of cash to lean on get signed up with an agency straight away - back ground checks for being out of the country, CRB or whatever they call it these days, references will likely take months if you factor in NHS HR dept insistence of employing non self starters / windowlickers. Make sure you have a c.v. that sells your skills and additional qualifications - NHS trusts are notorious for trying to not pay you for non NHS experience even if it outstrips whatever experience you would of had working for them. Bottom line, nurses are in short supply and ones with solid experience and qualifications are sought after, demand parity on the pay scale for the years you've been working.

D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...