UKC

VIDEO: Kai Lightner and Era Vella

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 05 Oct 2015
Kai Lightner travels to Spain to attempt his hardest route, Era Vella 9a (5.14d).

Watch the video: http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=2806
 MischaHY 05 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC Videos:

What an awesome dude! So chilled and obviously a nice guy.
 Xavierpercy 05 Oct 2015
In reply to MischaHY:

I agree I wish my mum was that excited when I did Wall of Horrors at Almscliffe at the age of 17, she couldn't have cared less.
 GrahamD 05 Oct 2015
In reply to MischaHY:

Hmmm. I doubt anyone who is as dedicated to getting that good is actually that chilled. I've a 'chilled' teenager in the house right now and everything is "whatever" - not the level of motivation shown here.
In reply to UKC Videos:

Brilliant. There was a vid of him about five years ago now doing something belayed by his mother. Glad he's still psyched.

jcm
 MischaHY 06 Oct 2015
In reply to GrahamD:

I think its important to make the distinction between chilled and apathetic.
 GrahamD 07 Oct 2015
In reply to MischaHY:

And probably between seemingly chilled on video and actually chilled Anyway I'm not trying to knock the guy's on video persona - just pointing out that there must be something a bit unusually motivated and not so laid back in him for him to get where he has.
 biscuit 15 Oct 2015
In reply to GrahamD:
He's obviously incredibly motivated. That doesn't mean he gets all 'Ondra' when he falls off something. He's very much got the right attitude from what I could see. He's enjoying the journey and not fixating on the goal. That combined with his mahoosive ape index and hands like a bunch of bananas should serve him well.
 GrahamD 15 Oct 2015
In reply to biscuit:

I'm not sure he isn't fixated on the goal. I presume that someone financing his trip hopes so

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...