UKC

A question for women climbers - climbing after LEEP?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climbingpixie 11 Oct 2015
Just wondering whether anyone on here had had a LEEP/loop biopsy before, and if so how long did it take to get back to climbing/hard training? I've read recommendations of anywhere between 3 days and 3 weeks so was after personal experiences.

Feel free to send me an email if you prefer not to discuss on here. Thanks, Julie
 Yanis Nayu 11 Oct 2015
In reply to climbingpixie:

I don't know, but good luck with it.
OP climbingpixie 11 Oct 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Cheers. I'm sure it'll be fine, just would be good to know what to expect afterwards.
 Sealwife 11 Oct 2015

I have had one but it was a long time ago. Thinking back, I think I felt fairly fragile immediately after i.e. that day.
I certainly went back to work the following day with no ill effects and don't think I did anything different from usual. I would have gone climbing I'm sure within the week. Not sure I was given any advice re training etc. However, I think the usual caveat applies - listen to your body.

Hope all goes well. x
OP climbingpixie 12 Oct 2015
In reply to Sealwife:

That's reassuring to know. If you don't mind me asking, what grade abnormality was the LEEP treating?

P.S. I will, of course, be listening to my body and also speaking to the doctors when I see them on Friday.
 Sealwife 12 Oct 2015

Grade three CIN with lesion. That was 14 years ago, I went on to get pregnant with my eldest child about 6 months later, have now had three normal pregnancies and labours and no further recurrence of any abnormalities.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...