UKC

Early routes to come into condition around Aviemore Late Dec

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andre Clarke 19 Oct 2015
Heading up to Cairmgorms on the 18th December this year an am quite conscious that this is quite early in the season; well for me anyway. Can anybody recommend routes that come into condition early around Aviemore?
 Pina 19 Oct 2015
In reply to Andre Clarke:

Won't take much for Corie an Lochain or t'Sneachda to come into nick, look for stuff on mess of pottage (i.e. the message, pot of gold, honey pot..etc.) They're pretty much roadside crags as well so if you walk in and realise they're not in condition you can be back in your bed for 10...
OP Andre Clarke 19 Oct 2015
In reply to J_Trottet:

Thanks sounds perfect. I especially like the sound of the short walk ins thank you.
 Webster 19 Oct 2015
In reply to Andre Clarke:

Its not unusual for stuff in the above mentioned corries to get climbed in late october so early december is by no means too early. of course every year is different though and as of yet autumn has been pretty warm and dry...
OP Andre Clarke 20 Oct 2015
In reply to Webster:

That reassuring thanks Webster
 Sharp 20 Oct 2015
In reply to J_Trottet:
> ...They're pretty much roadside crags as well ...

Not sure that's particularly helpful or accurate. Took us over three hours to descend in heavy snow once. All the way to the car park following a bearing, no dramas and we climbed a good route but crawling off a featureless summit plateu in a scottish hoolie isn't road side.

Hopefully it doesn't need saying to Andre but the northern corries are just as serious as any other scottish mountains, it'll be an odd winter that someone doesn't get lost on the plateu or swept down one of the various avalanche black spots.
Post edited at 18:56

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...