UKC

Looks like it's going to be a cold winter...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Roberttaylor 19 Oct 2015
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-34570479

Seems pretty conclusive to me, based on previous years.

R
 Misha 19 Oct 2015
In reply to Roberttaylor:
Definitely, as there are two threads on this at the moment

Billhook 20 Oct 2015

What makes you think that because these geese leave Greenland /and or the arctic early it has any bearing on uor weather in two or three months time?

They left because it was colder and harder to find food in their summer breeding grounds!!! Not because there is going to be a cold winter in Scotland!!
 summo 20 Oct 2015
In reply to Dave Perry:

> They left because it was colder and harder to find food in their summer breeding grounds!!! Not because there is going to be a cold winter in Scotland!!

and... they leave early because it was potentially cold early, although that doesn't mean another country will be cold early etc..
Even wind direction could speed up their arrival and they might have left their summer homes on exactly same the date as every other year.
 Sharp 20 Oct 2015
In reply to Dave Perry:

> They left because it was colder and harder to find food in their summer breeding grounds!!! Not because there is going to be a cold winter in Scotland!!

I think you'll find they left because some guy from The Sun went up there with a shot gun so they could fuel their "worst winter" story for 2015, same guy that smuggled that single russian goose in a few weeks ago and silenced the guy from the met office who said the el nino thing was incredibly unlikely to effect britain but if it did it wouldn't be possible to predict it...shame the bbc got hold of this one before he got his flight back from iceland.
mattlee 20 Oct 2015

Apparently its going to be "That" cold in Scotland that each of these Geese will be issued with a flask of tea and an electric blanket and then be put on a free flight back to Greenland !
 Tam O'Bam 24 Oct 2015
In reply to mattlee:

I thought the immigrant problem was coming from the other end of the country?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...