UKC

Average Scottish Night-time Temperatures

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ModerateMatt 21 Oct 2015

I am interested in finding out the average temperatures of mountain top and glens in the winter months so I can identify trends over previous years. Can anyone point me in the right direction of some statistics or a website with charts that may help me please?

Objective results not opinions please

Thanks in advance

Matt
Post edited at 13:24
 Jim Fraser 21 Oct 2015
In reply to ModerateMatt:
Few mountain top records. The archive section of Heriot Watt's cairngormweather site should provide an appropriate record.

The met office for the rest. There is a station at Aviemore so that should be a good comparitor but it is around 300m and little influence from the west (gulf stream) so typical for high in the Grampians only.

You may struggle to get a western equivalent.
Post edited at 13:57
 Doug 21 Oct 2015
In reply to Jim Fraser:

is the data from the former Ben Nevis summit observatory on line somewhere ? And other ski resorts ?
 Webster 21 Oct 2015

there is a weather station near the summit on aonach mor, look at the nevis range website you will probably find some info, and there will definately be a met station near fort william somewhere to give comparrisions as well
 chris_s 21 Oct 2015

Might be worth dropping Michael Spencer a line.. https://scottishsnow.wordpress.com/
drmarten 21 Oct 2015
In reply to thread:
There is an anemometer on Blaven's South Top with an antenna visible. Is anything else being recorded and is the information available?
Post edited at 18:05
 James Edwards 21 Oct 2015

There is a weather monitoring station at 773m on Applecross (belach na bar). This data was available up to about 10 years ago when it appeared on the mwis website, when it disappeared I asked them and they said that it was nolonger free for commercial use. You should be able to get access to the archive for free if it is for research / non commercial purposes.
James Edwards
OP ModerateMatt 21 Oct 2015

Thanks for everyones replies. I will have a look at all of the info.

Matt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...