UKC

Scam Alert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 21 Oct 2015
0151 604 1893

Two calls from this number today. Although I did not get to answer them I googled the number and it's apparently the Microsoft engineer scam.

Those of you with Call Blocker might want to block it.
Removed User 21 Oct 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

Did this really need to be a thread? You make more threads than anyone else here already.

This is a scam from like 2001..
OP mypyrex 21 Oct 2015
In reply to Removed User:
If I had call blocker and somebody posted the information that I have just posted I would be glad to have received that information.
Are you naturally vitriolic or are you just an arsehole?
In reply to mypyrex:

Wouldn't it be great if they were really calling from Liverpool?

It's the blokes from Harry Enfield: 'Alright, La, calm down......'
Removed User 21 Oct 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

Most people living in this century use mobile phones for calls which display numbers. Most people don't pick up to random callers. It's borderline spam when it comes in the volume you post it.
andymac 21 Oct 2015

I wouldn't normally think an 0151 number was Suspect.

hope you don't have long lost family or friends in Liverpool.

Oh and to the OP ;

Thanks for the heads up Mypyrex.
 Run_Ross_Run 21 Oct 2015

> Most people living in this century use mobile phones for calls which display numbers. Most people don't pick up to random callers. It's borderline spam when it comes in the volume you post it.

You two got beef of something?

Don't see the issue with his posts. If you don't like him don't read them, it's not like you don't know who's posted before you read.

In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

> it's not like you don't know who's posted before you read.

Well, on the mobile interface, the OP's name isn't shown; just 'replies, views and newest post'...
 Brass Nipples 21 Oct 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

It's a spoofed number over VOIP , blocking will only help short term then they'll spoof another.
 Toerag 21 Oct 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

www.whocallsme.com is your friend
 Run_Ross_Run 21 Oct 2015
In reply to captain paranoia:

> Well, on the mobile interface, the OP's name isn't shown; just 'replies, views and newest post'...

But the 'posters' name is the 1st thing you see once you've opened the thread so same difference.

Either way. Don't like it, don't read it. Simples.
 Dax H 22 Oct 2015
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

> But the 'posters' name is the 1st thing you see once you've opened the thread so same difference.

> Either way. Don't like it, don't read it. Simples.

Ignoring the post would be the same thing as ignoring the phone call, people often don't heed their own advice.
 graeme jackson 22 Oct 2015

> Most people don't pick up to random callers.

Really? nice to know I'm in a minority for once.
 jon 22 Oct 2015
In reply to captain paranoia:

> Well, on the mobile interface, the OP's name isn't shown; just 'replies, views and newest post'...

To be fair, I knew who had posted it just from the thread title!

And to Pyrex: We keep getting calls from these bastards at the rate of about one every two weeks. Never really thought about blocking the number. Thanks.
In reply to jon:

Really? I don't remember who posts about what these days, because there are too many people to try to track, and I don't really care. I just treat every post without 'history'. Well, just about...
 jimjimjim 22 Oct 2015

Agreed...what a boring post. Like it's going to save someone from being scammed.
New topic...
there's a pot hole on a road near where I live. Be careful people
ffs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...