UKC

Excited about Spectre?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Graeme G 22 Oct 2015
I'm not.

This film is getting a huge amount of hype but can't imagine it'll be justified. Quantam of Solace was crap and let's not even think about the abject boredom that was Skyfall.

I'm thinking the new Star Wars might actually be better......although given the last three I doubt it.

Maybe I'm juyst getting old and getting to that point where I've seen it all and no amount of explosions is going to cut it for me....
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:

> I'm not.

> This film is getting a huge amount of hype but can't imagine it'll be justified. Quantam of Solace was crap and let's not even think about the abject boredom that was Skyfall.

I agree .
Personally the whole thing has been done to death about 23 times before.
How boring

OM
 nathan79 22 Oct 2015

I'm not a big fan of what I like to call James Bourne. I watched Skyfall because of the scenery, I'll go see this if the girlfriend makes me.

The new Star Wars is something I'm finding myself increasingly interested in. I still need to watch the last of the old new ones.
 MrJared 22 Oct 2015

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Apart from Sam Smiths' rubbish theme song for it!
 toad 22 Oct 2015

I like a bond. I know, I know, but still...

PS I am quite excited about te new star wars. It's like jar jar binks never happened
 Oujmik 22 Oct 2015
In reply to nathan79:

> I'm not a big fan of what I like to call James Bourne. I watched Skyfall because of the scenery, I'll go see this if the girlfriend makes me.

> The new Star Wars is something I'm finding myself increasingly interested in. I still need to watch the last of the old new ones.

The last of the old new ones is by far the best, it's actually quite good. No ESB, but far better than the other two.
 LastBoyScout 22 Oct 2015

Looking forward to it and going to make a night of it with my wife, as not been out for a while - dinner and then Spectre. It's got lots of hype, but I'm avoiding as much of it as possible so as not to spoil it any more than Sam Smith's already achieved.

First time I heard the song, I thought it was a duet - and the radio DJ quoted someone as saying it sounded like the arch villain had his balls in a vice and was slowly putting the pressure on!

Can't wait for the new Star Wars film, but my wife has no interest in that one.
Removed User 22 Oct 2015

I wasn't very impressed by it. Movies have been shit this year.
 The Lemming 22 Oct 2015

> I'm not.

> This film is getting a huge amount of hype but can't imagine it'll be justified. Quantam of Solace was crap and let's not even think about the abject boredom that was Skyfall.

I could not disagree more as I thought that Skyfall was one of the best ever Bond films. I don't watch many films more than once however I would happily watch that film maybe once or twice a year.

As for Spectre, not sure but I will wander off to the cinema to see how it goes.
Graeme G 22 Oct 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

Just goes to show. I've seen it twice and remember thinking how bored I was. What specifically do you think makes it stand out as good? I'll watch it again to try and remember why I thought it was so shit.
 althesin 22 Oct 2015

You are a member of SPECTRE and I claim my £5.
cb294 22 Oct 2015

I am looking forward to it, and thought Skyfall was the best Bond yet. I like the more action oriented character of the films better than the ultra camp feel of the Bond classics.

CB
 felt 22 Oct 2015
In reply to nathan79:

> I'm not a big fan of what I like to call James Bourne.

I like to call it Jennie Bond.

Having said that, both Times and Guardian gave it 5 stars, and how often can you say that? (I literally don't know.)
 Dandan 22 Oct 2015

I'm keen, I really like the style of the Daniel Craig films, a little dark and not too cheesy but with plenty of nods to the franchise. They'll never win best picture but are always enjoyable to watch (apart from quantum of solace but let's not talk about that)

Plus I work for a certain luxury British sports car manufacturer and we all got free tickets, so it would be rude not to have a watch!
 Bulls Crack 22 Oct 2015

Excited? No; it's a film! Looking forward to it - a bit, yeah

> I'm not.

Me neither. As you say, the last two have been crap - I mean, absolute crap. Incredible that huge chunks of the population are agreeable to having two hours of their lives removed in this way for ever.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...