UKC

The Lakes as you Might not have seen them before.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FesteringSore 27 Oct 2015
Interesting clip on Youtube of the Vulcan flying over the Lake District.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wi_ZQslBH8o&

How many can you recognise?
 Greenbanks 27 Oct 2015
In reply to FesteringSore:

Cheers - thanks for posting. I don't think I've ever gone over Dunmail Raise quite that quickly.
OP FesteringSore 27 Oct 2015
In reply to Greenbanks:

Nor me!
 faffergotgunz 28 Oct 2015

Good show, great to see it from the old birds perspective.
August West 28 Oct 2015

If you look very closely you can't quite see me on Castle Rock.

(For those that don't know pause the film at 2:32 and Castle Rock is down in the left hand corner.)

I was belaying on the halfway ledge of Via Media. My partner was just working through the crux a few metres higher when I heard a loud noise coming up St. Johns in the Vale. My friend gets annoyed when I try to give him advice when he's doing the crux, so when I said "There's a Vulcan bomber behind your head!" he started to protest before his brain actually registered what I'd said. He quickly reversed the moves back to a point where he could watch safely.

It was great to see and a shame we'll never get the chance again.
 mountainbagger 28 Oct 2015

Thanks for that - nice piece of footage. Saw it at RIAT this year with Red Arrows, such an impressive plane.

Forgive my ignorance but which lake or mere do they fly over around 2:40 in? Is it Thirlmere? Somebody mentioned Dunmail Raise - is that what they are flying towards at that point?
August West 28 Oct 2015
In reply to mountainbagger:

> Forgive my ignorance but which lake or mere do they fly over around 2:40 in? Is it Thirlmere? Somebody mentioned Dunmail Raise - is that what they are flying towards at that point?

Yes, flying North to South along Thirlmere.

mountainbagger 28 Oct 2015
In reply to August West:

Thanks
OP FesteringSore 28 Oct 2015
In reply to mountainbagger:

> Forgive my ignorance but which lake or mere do they fly over around 2:40 in? Is it Thirlmere?

Yes, I checked its outline on the OS Map

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...