UKC

Advice about international removals

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ht3 28 Oct 2015
My girlfriend is currently living in Italy but is moving back to the UK in the next few months. When she moved over there the company she worked for paid for everything, no such luck on the way back!

Just wondering if anyone had any advice or could recommend any international removal companies or contacts and any to avoid.

Cheers
 walts4 29 Oct 2015
In reply to harrytonge:

There is a man with a van who advertises on cham share who used to drive from Italy on a regular basis, sorry I have no contact details.
But I used a removal company when moving belongings to Cham, its a case of ringing round with a accurate size of the belonging's so as to receive a quote.
Seem to remember vast differences of prices for the removal & also the time scale in picking up & actually receiving them so worth shopping around.
Good luck.
 JuneBob 29 Oct 2015
In reply to harrytonge:

When I moved to Norway the best deal I got was on a transport lorry; I paid per m^3. When it arrived, there was a consignment of flowers, remote control cars, and various other stuff I couldn't identify, plus my boxes and my bike. It cost about a 3rd of the cheapest removal company.
 nutme 29 Oct 2015
Not sure if it will work for Italy, but then my friend moved from UK to Spain she rented a whole ship container. Enough place for furniture, books, motorbike..
Price was like 5 times lower than moving by the land. But had to wait for few weeks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...