UKC

what big routes are dry in north wales

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jon_gill1 31 Oct 2015
Hello all,I'm just wondering if there are any dry long routes to play on tomorrow (sun 1st Nov) between vs and E1 as climbing with someone who doesn't get out so much anymore. Suggestions welcome!cheers

Jon
 Jon Stewart 31 Oct 2015
In reply to jon_gill1:
If the mountains are damp, consider Gogarth. Scavenger (HVS 5a) if you haven't done it, is one of the UK's best HVSs, a 'big' route with a fantastic approach and a pitch or 2 of steep grass to finish. What more could you want?
Post edited at 20:46
OP jon_gill1 31 Oct 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Sounds like fun,not sure my partner for tomorrow would enjoy the grass pitches though....
 Jon Stewart 31 Oct 2015
In reply to jon_gill1:

> Sounds like fun,not sure my partner for tomorrow would enjoy the grass pitches though....

If you're on the exit scramble, your mate will have very little to worry about. Getting him to the bottom of the route might perhaps be more of an issue (just explain: if a freak wave washes you in, you'll be glad you racked up with the bandelier). It's totally awesome, and the steep grass is really no big deal.
 jezb1 31 Oct 2015
In reply to jon_gill1:

It's been a bit of a damp day today. Unless the idea of damp climbing in the hills appeals, I'd be heading to Tremadog or Gogarth.

Jon Stewart 31 Oct 2015
In reply to jezb1:

> I'd be heading to Tremadog...

... if I wanted an easy life and had sacked off the idea of 'big routes' in favour of cafe-proximity.

Get down to Big G.
OP jon_gill1 31 Oct 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Cheers Jez,I will be driving 3 hours each way as it is so Tremadog sounds the most sensible option if the mountain routes are damp!shame though as I really fancied getting up high. Although to be fair it is a big ask as its November tomorrow!!!how the year has flown by.
OP jon_gill1 31 Oct 2015
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Sadly its 4 hours each way to Gogarth so think I will have to settle for Tremadog. Not a bad thing though,just not quite what I was after!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...