UKC

KMFF - weekend film programme?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I'd love to find out what the films are each day but with not long left I can't find the schedule on the KMFF site. Can anybody direct me to where it is?

Also, is it complusory to wear high performance outdoor kit to attend indoor lectures and film screenings?
 Mark Collins 04 Nov 2015
In reply to Frank the Husky:

It doesn't usually arrive before the actual start of the festival, this is down to last minute film arrivals I believe, and scheduling them into the plan. So your first job upon arrival in Kendal is to get yourself down to the Brewery Arts ticket office, and buy a programme (which includes the film schedule) from the stall opposite, then retire to a comfortable snug to plan the rest of your weekend. Well, that's what I do anyway.
 planetmarshall 04 Nov 2015

> I'd love to find out what the films are each day but with not long left I can't find the schedule on the KMFF site. Can anybody direct me to where it is?

Aside from the individual premieres such as Citadel and Transition, the film schedule doesn't seem to be up yet.
 More-On 04 Nov 2015
In reply to Mark Collins:

> It doesn't usually arrive before the actual start of the festival, this is down to last minute film arrivals I believe, and scheduling them into the plan. So your first job upon arrival in Kendal is to get yourself down to the Brewery Arts ticket office, and buy a programme (which includes the film schedule) from the stall opposite, then retire to a comfortable snug to plan the rest of your weekend. Well, that's what I do anyway.

Good advice, although it does mean that every year the Thursday night gets lost in the Vats Bar planning and catching up with old mates...
 Mark Collins 04 Nov 2015

> Also, is it complusory to wear high performance outdoor kit to attend indoor lectures and film screenings?

Pretty much yes, although one year I was so hacked off with this that I refused and turned up in lovely ensemble that wouldn't have looked out of place in a Burton's shop window. If its cold I usually go for the dirtiest duvet competition.
 Mark Collins 04 Nov 2015
In reply to More-On:

> Good advice, although it does mean that every year the Thursday night gets lost in the Vats Bar planning and catching up with old mates...

You're hard core doing Thursday night as well, I've only ever turned up at Friday tea time and left sometime Sunday. I tend to checkout the programme in somewhere less busy than the Vats Bar though, like Castle Inn. Not very festival am I.
In reply to Mark Collins: I enjoy asking people whether, with all their performance clothing, they're going up Everest later. They often look embarassed or confused but mostly it's a beautiful combination of both.

More-On 04 Nov 2015
In reply to Mark Collins:

Thank you (I think)! It's just a great excuse to catch up with old mates. Thursday in the Vats Bar is fine if you get there mid afternoon like I do, but yes, once Friday comes, its off to quieter venues to recover from many hours of films.

I used to stay Sunday night as well, but can't hack the pace now
 danm 04 Nov 2015

The folks I really pity are the sponsored climbers. Contractually obliged to wear the latest highly insulating clothing, after a couple of beers in the jam packed scrum of the Vats Bar they are often closer to death than in any of their latest adventures.

I'm waiting for someone to go for the Extreme Dirtbag look - a costume made up entirely of duck tape wrapped around the body.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...