UKC

2 years 4 months prison for speeding!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 oaktree 06 Nov 2015
At first i thought it was a bit of a severe penalty,but not so sure ,multiple counts and on "A" roads

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-34744459
Clauso 06 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

An utter arsehole.
 graeme jackson 06 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

Good. Now maybe the cops can look into the Audi driver that constantly overtakes my morning traffic in increasingly dangerous situations.
 Dax H 06 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

192mph is crossing the line and then some.
 faffergotgunz 06 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

Lol @ shauny.

Mans GTR waz beat off da line dough by Mishaks 20 valve turbo polo. Man got shamed lmao!!
 Hat Dude 06 Nov 2015
In reply to faffergotgunz:

> Mans GTR waz beat off da line dough by Mishaks 20 valve turbo polo. Man got shamed lmao!!

Sorry Squiffy don't understand your banter
 wintertree 06 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

I think he got off pretty lightly. If I was in charge I would have his public flogging broadcast and streamed live on the internet. Edit: And he would be informed that it was only by my good grace that it was a flogging and not a hanging.

192 MPH whilst driving one handed and using a mobile phone, probably looking at it to make sure it's correctly recording the speedo.

To give some insight into this, at that speed he has 750% of the kinetic energy of a car doing 70mph and if suitably redirected has enough energy to launch him and his car 370 meters in to the air. That is taller than Canary Wharf. What do you think would happen to a pedestrian (or a motorist in a car) on the ground if a car was dropped onto them from the top of Canary Wharf? That's what this prat is exposing people to without their consent.
Post edited at 16:23
mattlee 06 Nov 2015

> Lol @ shauny.

> Mans GTR waz beat off da line dough by Mishaks 20 valve turbo polo. Man got shamed lmao!!

Struggling to understand you old boy !. Were you typing this whilst on a bumpy road ?
 Indy 06 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

Interesting language used in the link...
"Director of policy and research [at IAM] Neil Greig, said: "You simply cannot control a vehicle at that kind of speed on a normal road - he would have been covering about three miles a minute.
"It's not just about controlling his own vehicle - you have to think about other road users too."

YET

Pc Mark Milton was CLEARED of speeding and dangerous driving after driving his police car at 160mph on public roads. His excuse..... he "was "familiarising" himself with a new car"

One law for them and one for everyone else :|
mattlee 06 Nov 2015
In reply to Indy:

Don't disagree. Unfortunately its down to the quality of the Solicitor and the mind-set of the judge on the day.....Whilst the law is the same for all of us the final decision regarding punishment is down to a Human Being.

Whilst I can't condone anyone driving at those speeds, all I will say (Despite the IAM's comments) is that I'd rather have a well trained Traffic bobby driving at those speeds than a member of the public.....Doesn't make it safe though !
 FesteringSore 06 Nov 2015
In reply to Hat Dude:

> Sorry Squiffy don't understand your banter

Don't worry; he's got a speech impediment. I advised him to seek professional help.
 The New NickB 06 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

Doing him a favour, suspect he would be dead in no time at all if left to his own devices. Probably taking out a few innocent motorist at the same time.
 Timmd 06 Nov 2015
In reply to wintertree:

> 192 MPH whilst driving one handed and using a mobile phone, probably looking at it to make sure it's correctly recording the speedo.
> To give some insight into this, at that speed he has 750% of the kinetic energy of a car doing 70mph and if suitably redirected has enough energy to launch him and his car 370 meters in to the air. That is taller than Canary Wharf. What do you think would happen to a pedestrian (or a motorist in a car) on the ground if a car was dropped onto them from the top of Canary Wharf? That's what this prat is exposing people to without their consent.

That's a really sobering way of putting it. If another car sideswiped by him while going that fast it doesn't seem they'd have a lot of chance of surviving.
 balmybaldwin 06 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

It seems a lot of the cars he was driving.... Audi RS6, BMW M5 among them are sold restricted to 155MPH, I would hope they will be looking to charge whoever removed these restrictions.

Absolutely bonkers.

One thing that really confuses me is; how does someone so obviously stupid get in a position where they can afford to drive all these cars?

Here's a longer video showing more of the offenses... around 5 mins its quite clear that the daughter also drives like this, so surprised she didn't get prosecuted/or wasn't cound guilty of driving too

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/jailed-driver-who-filmed-himself-speed...
 Monk 06 Nov 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:

> Here's a longer video showing more of the offenses... around 5 mins its quite clear that the daughter also drives like this, so surprised she didn't get prosecuted/or wasn't cound guilty of driving too

she got a suspended sentence and a ban for enticing dangerous driving

Slarti B 06 Nov 2015
IN the report it says
"His daughter, Jordan, 23, of Hove Road, Rushden, was found guilty of encouraging dangerous driving and was given a two-year driving disqualification and an 18-month conditional discharge. Police said the footage showed her encouraging her father to drive at excess speeds. "

As you say the footahe show her driving at 180-190 mph. Looks like she got off lightly
 balmybaldwin 06 Nov 2015
In reply to Monk:

but not for HER dangerous driving (at 5mins ish you see her in the driving seat doing 30 past a garage, then accelerating up to well over 150 at 5:50 with no discernible break in the footage)
 Philip 06 Nov 2015

Apparently it's trivial to remove. I was reading a site I came across while weighing up two different Mercedes engines with different mappings, and the site offered to derestrict any vehicle.

192 is mental. I managed 125ish mph (by sat nav readout, the car was set for kmph) on a long straight road with little traffic, was still being overtaken by the local BMWs, but it required much more concentration than the 80 I'd admit to doing in the UK.
 Albert Tatlock 06 Nov 2015

Have you been sniffing glue?
abseil 06 Nov 2015
In reply to mattlee:

> Struggling to understand you old boy !. Were you typing this whilst on a bumpy road ?

Good one. But while he / she is on a bumpy road for sure, I suspect it's not the tarmac or concrete type.
mattlee 06 Nov 2015
In reply to abseil:

Indeed
 DancingOnRock 06 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

It wasn't for speeding. It was for dangerous driving.
 mp3ferret 06 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

I think the biggest crime was his taste in music.
 Timmd 06 Nov 2015
In reply to mp3ferret:

He didn't play any roots reggae I noiced, only UB40 and poppy reggae.
 Brass Nipples 06 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

He's was covering a mile in less than 20 seconds. Should have got more to be honest , utter disrespect for life.
 teflonpete 06 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

Silly sod recording and keeping the evidence to be used against him!
 beardy mike 06 Nov 2015
In reply to mp3ferret:

Damn that was awful... I'd crash just from beating the hell out of the stereo!
 Bobling 06 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

Serious question - why do we make cars that can do 200mph?
 balmybaldwin 06 Nov 2015
In reply to Bobling:

> Serious question - why do we make cars that can do 200mph?

Because some men have very tiny willies and need something else to wave.
 Run_Ross_Run 07 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

His name is shaun..
 FactorXXX 07 Nov 2015
In reply to Bobling:

Serious question - why do we make cars that can do 200mph?

Because car designers, like any other engineering designer, want to design the best that they possibly can.
Additionally, it's good advertising. If a company can make a 'Super Car', then they shouldn't have any problem making a normal car.
There's also the fact that the ultra hi-tech technology that is unique to such cars today, will in some fashion, become the norm. Take away the lure/motivation to design innovative technology will just result in stagnation.
 off-duty 07 Nov 2015
In reply to Indy:

> Interesting language used in the link...

> "Director of policy and research [at IAM] Neil Greig, said: "You simply cannot control a vehicle at that kind of speed on a normal road - he would have been covering about three miles a minute.

> "It's not just about controlling his own vehicle - you have to think about other road users too."

> YET

> Pc Mark Milton was CLEARED of speeding and dangerous driving after driving his police car at 160mph on public roads. His excuse..... he "was "familiarising" himself with a new car"

> One law for them and one for everyone else :|

Milton was on motorway and he was ultimately convicted of dangerous driving, following an acquittal, an appeal and a retrial.
 Motown 07 Nov 2015
In reply to mp3ferret:

No penalty stiff enough for Red, Red Wine...
 Mike Highbury 07 Nov 2015
In reply to off-duty:
> Milton was on motorway and he was ultimately convicted of dangerous driving, following an acquittal, an appeal and a retrial.

A conviction that was overturned, I believe.
 off-duty 08 Nov 2015
In reply to Mike Highbury:

> A conviction that was overturned, I believe.

Yes - I see it was. That's some lengthy series of cases.
 Coel Hellier 08 Nov 2015
In reply to off-duty:

Now let's assume that he really was chasing after a stolen Audi (as opposed to that being a made-up excuse), how could that justify driving at 108 mph in a 40 mph zone through a village? Surely, the danger to innocent members of the public totally outweighs any public-benefit from pursuing a stolen car?

If the 40 mph zone through that village is there for safety, then it is surely dangerous for anyone to travel at 108 mph, however skilled a driver. If, on the other hand, it is a road that a skilled and experienced driver could safely navigate at 108 mph, then why is the speed limit 40 mph, why not leave it at the standard 60 mph for an A road?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304618/PC-Mark-Milton-Police-offic...
 off-duty 08 Nov 2015
In reply to Coel Hellier:

> Now let's assume that he really was chasing after a stolen Audi (as opposed to that being a made-up excuse), how could that justify driving at 108 mph in a 40 mph zone through a village? Surely, the danger to innocent members of the public totally outweighs any public-benefit from pursuing a stolen car?

Yes. Presumably that was why he was charged.

> If the 40 mph zone through that village is there for safety, then it is surely dangerous for anyone to travel at 108 mph, however skilled a driver. If, on the other hand, it is a road that a skilled and experienced driver could safely navigate at 108 mph, then why is the speed limit 40 mph, why not leave it at the standard 60 mph for an A road?

Or why not leave the speed limit as it is and prosecute someone who drives at 108 miles an hour.
 nniff 08 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

Those speeds on A roads is insane, as are those speeds in a car that's not covered in wings and what-have-you for downforce. This is what happens when the air gets under a car at those speeds:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ow3rxq7U1mA&
 Trevers 08 Nov 2015
In reply to nniff:

Mark Webber knows a thing or two about that as well!
 Oli 08 Nov 2015

> One thing that really confuses me is; how does someone so obviously stupid get in a position where they can afford to drive all these cars?

He is a previously convicted drug dealer...

As an aside, I bet he is gutted he didn't crack 200.

Dauphin 08 Nov 2015
In reply to oaktree:

Should of got 18 months for shit lovers rock disgracing the sound system. Shaggy ffs? What a cock.

D
 nutme 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Bobling:

It is common to drive 150 - 200 mph on autobahn in Germany for example.
 krikoman 09 Nov 2015

> Lol @ shauny.

"Good heavens you boys! Blue blooded murder of the English tongue"
 krikoman 09 Nov 2015

> Lol @ shauny.

Allow me to translate.

The gentleman's Nissan GTR was slower from a standing start than Mishak's 20 valve VW Polo.

He was most upset.

I found this very funny.
cb294 09 Nov 2015
In reply to nutme:

> It is common to drive 150 - 200 mph on autobahn in Germany for example.

There are speed limits on more than 50% of the German motorways. Even where there are not, traffic in the fast lane usually flows at 150 km/h. Of course there is the odd guy going past you at or maybe a bit above 200 km/h.

200 mph, no way.

CB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...