UKC

Outgrown/unused kids stuff - what to do?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
My youngest is now three and the parents here will know the amount of stuff you can accumulate. The too young toys we're giving to local charity shops and a local toddler group.

The question is does anyone know of a sure fire way of sensibly disposing of the larger items? We have a three wheel buggy (Phil & Ted), a small, cheap foldable buggy and a cot. They're well used but definitely serviceable but not convinced a charity shop would take them. I don't really want to spend time doing the rounds - I would like a nailed on guaranteed way of them getting some further use. It's this or the tip.

Cheers
 ianstevens 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Stuart (aka brt):

Give them away? Try Freecycle.
 marsbar 21 Nov 2015

Nct nearly new sale. Donate them if you don't want to sell them yourself.
 Alyson 21 Nov 2015

Gumtree. Holy moly those Gumtree users will buy anything! I've never been more popular than when I sold an old laminated chipboard wardrobe. The guy who turned up to buy it started poking about in my garage asking if anything else in it was for sale.
In reply to Alyson:
Of course Freecycle/Gumtree - giving away for free is definitely what I want to do. Had thought about NCT but not sure they're in a saleable state, if that makes sense.

Cheers
Post edited at 08:42
ceri 21 Nov 2015
In reply to Stuart (aka brt): we sold a slightly mouldy sofabed for free on Gumtree, sold overnight and the guy came 20 miles to get it

Bish 21 Nov 2015
YHM

Duncan
Post edited at 12:56
Removed User 21 Nov 2015

In the Huddersfield area I've used 'Pass it On', they collect. Failing that Freecycle is worth a go. I just give stuff away.
 philipivan 21 Nov 2015

We bought our phil and ted buggy and our 2nd cot from a charity shop but there is one that sells a lot of furniture near us-sue rider. I've more success putting stuff on ebay for a pound than giving stuff away, more incentive for people to view and collect.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...