UKC

Replacing tape on QDs?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Greasy Prusiks 24 Nov 2015
Afternoon all,
I'm going to re tape a set of 80s extenders (as they were called back in the day!). My question is what's the best way to do this? Should I buy tape and do them myself or is buying pre-made QD slings a better plan? Cost is an issue so the cheaper the better.
Cheers,
Greasy
 Aigen 24 Nov 2015
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

Just pony up the doe and buy the alread made extenders. A pack of 10 will cost you 20 Quid.
 climbwhenready 24 Nov 2015

Buy 60cm slings and use them as alpine draws?
New quickdraw slings are annoyingly expensive but are definitely the best option.

However I'd seriously consider selling the current krabs and then searching out a really good deal on some new quickdraws. In some cases this might prove no more expensive as quickdraws tend to be priced at a significant discount to individual krabs and slings.
Post edited at 15:47
In reply to The Ex-Engineer:

It's a good idea to sell the krabs but I'm afraid they're about the closest thing we have to a family heirloom so I'm going to try and Re sling them. The alpine draws is another good idea, if anyone has sniffed out a good deal please share!

Thanks for the help everyone.
 HeMa 24 Nov 2015

A readymade QD sling is somewhere around 3 to 5 Eur...
http://www.bergfreunde.de/express-schlingen/?listorderby=oxvarminprice&...

For sport, you'll prolly want thick draws (great for doggin' up a a route) and about the best I've found is the new Petzl Express (used on Spirit draws).

That said, if you look around you might be able to score a brand spankin' new QD for like 6 to 8 Eur a piece.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...