UKC

Route management software

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 annieman 24 Nov 2015
I've started to deliver Parcels in the run up to Christmas, short term contract. At the interview I was informed that I would need my own Sat-Nav.

Currently I have a Tom Tom, Mobile phone (Samsung 3 mini) as a hot spot to drive my Hudl tablet. On the tablet I'm using local view to provide me with house level mapping. In the office, before we leave there is access to Autoroute Express (No longer available). The AE is used to optimise the route.

Can anyone suggest software that can bring this tracking, navigation, fine level navigation (Some rural houses are hard to find), route optimisation.

Any ideas?

This is a job for only the next 5 weeks so I'm not going to spend much money.

However the Tom Tom is playing up a bit so as an alternative could anyone suggest a Sat-NAv that will perform more functions?
 Brass Nipples 24 Nov 2015
In reply to annieman:

Google directions on your mobile? It's free and works fairly well.

Philip 24 Nov 2015
In reply to annieman:

If you put all the postcodes into Google maps you can drag and drop to reorganise the order of the stops to minimise time/distance. It's manual but you do not at least benefit from Google using traffic info to estimate time.

You need to use the desktop version and start with to and from and then add stops.
 krikoman 24 Nov 2015
In reply to annieman:

http://maps.me/en/home

Best Android mapping software I've used.

Download the maps for Offline use, route planning with data connection.
OP annieman 26 Nov 2015
In reply to annieman:

Thanks all for your suggestions. Something to work on over the weekend.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...