UKC

eBay - leaving negative feedback

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oujmik 25 Nov 2015
Thinking about leaving my first negative feedback ever for a seller who cancelled a sale after the end of the auction claiming they'd already sold the item.

Firstly - do you think this is a negative feedback offence? They did refund so no loss other than my time.

Secondly - this person now has my name and address, if they are angered by the negative feedback this doesn't seem ideal

Thirdly (and more theoretically) - I suppose as the seller is a private individual they cannot be compelled to delete my name and address from their e-mail under the data protection act as they now have no reason to have it.
In reply to Oujmik:
Move on. Bad people are, by definition, bad people. If you waste time on them, they behave badly and it's an arseache. You're not out of pocket and they'll forget having your address as soon as you disappear.

Edit: PS, we got round to buying lightroom, although my wife is the dab hand.....
Post edited at 21:42
 JayPee630 25 Nov 2015
In reply to Oujmik:
Don't bother, just sounds like they mixed things up a bit and you should let it go, especially as you got a refund with no problems. Maybe they just had lots on and mis-timed the ending of the sale somehow? Won't matter not to leave the feedback will it?
Post edited at 21:44
 timjones 25 Nov 2015
In reply to Oujmik:

Probably not a case for negative feedback IMO.

Toby_W 25 Nov 2015
In reply to Oujmik:

Someone did exactly this to me. I sent them a short email saying I had them by the balls and they were an idiot as they'd broken a legally binding contract and I could now cause them a ton of grief. I also said I had no intention of doing this but they shouldn't put themselves in this position again. Left negative feedback saying what they'd done and forgot about it.

They were not malicious, made a mistake.

Forgive then, I'm sure a better cheaper one will crop up.

Toby

OP Oujmik 25 Nov 2015
In reply to Martin not maisie:

Good advice. Was just a bit peeed off but better just to let it go with no feedback...

Glad lightroom is working out for you Martin, I'm still on Aperture which has been discontinued so I could be going that way soon too.
 Gazlynn 25 Nov 2015
In reply to Oujmik:

I'm thinking of doing the same, well neutral feedback as it's been 7 days since I paid for but still not recieved the item although advertised as first class postage.

cheers

Gaz

In reply to Gazlynn:

Gaz

I'm in tomorrow night - I'll give you a bell (working tonight)
 Gazlynn 25 Nov 2015
In reply to Martin not maisie:

great Martin
Removed User 26 Nov 2015
In reply to Oujmik:

Leave the feedback and forget about it. Absolutely should leave negative feedback, that's what the system is for. Completely paranoid about the name/addr thing.
 Dax H 26 Nov 2015
In reply to Oujmik:

In my experience it's pointless.
I left some on an item that arrived broken.
The seller ignored all communication until I opened a PayPal dispute then they sorted things out.
I left feedback saying this but eBay removed it as not valid.
 Mike Stretford 26 Nov 2015
In reply to Gazlynn:

Hi Gaz, best give the seller a chance first, it could be lost in the post. Steps are contact the seller, then open eBay dispute. You will be refunded by eBay/paypal if you never get it, but dangling the 'carrot' of good feedback can get a seller to act quicker.
 Indy 26 Nov 2015
In reply to Oujmik:

Can't say that I've had too much ebay experience with only 4 purchases but that along with reading the posts here pretty much confirms (to me at least) that the eBay feedback system is rotten to the core for both sellers and buyers.
 nutme 26 Nov 2015
I had negative feedback and left it myself many times. If I would have worried every time like you do I would have had few heart attacks by now.

I find it natural and useful to leave bad reviews. It helps other people to see a better picture of the seller and gives a good opportunity for seller to improve.
 stubbed 26 Nov 2015
In reply to Oujmik:

TBH I doubt it will do any good, no one takes any notice of feedback anyway. I certainly don't, either as a buyer or seller. If it's expensive, consider collecting in person, if it's masses of money, don't buy it on ebay.
 Siward 26 Nov 2015
In reply to nutme:

I never buy from anybody with less than about 99% feedback. Bad feedback is usually well deserved in my experience and only just occasionally bad luck...
> I'm thinking of doing the same, well neutral feedback as it's been 7 days since I paid for but still not recieved the item although advertised as first class postage.

It's always best to contact the seller first. The item could easily have been lost by or delayed by Royal Mail, happens all the time. If the seller doesn't know you haven't received the item they can't do anything to help you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...