UKC

I'm a Celebrity - could you?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Goucho 30 Nov 2015
OK, I apologise in advance to those of a higher cerebral level, and who salivate at the prospect of Melvin Bragg's In Our Time, for lowering the cultural tone.

But the question is, do you think you could survive the full 3 weeks?

As climbers we're obviously used to living rough in squalid conditions - Snells Field makes Snake Rock look like Langdale campsite - going without food, and facing dangerous situations.

Personally, apart from the fact I hate big creepy crawlies - especially spiders - I think the biggest challenge might not be the bushtucker trials, but the 11 other people and the boredom.

Timmd 30 Nov 2015
In reply to Goucho:
I wouldn't at all like the cameras, but I think you'd probably have to try and enter a state of tranquil detachment from things, with the thought that it's only for 3 weeks at the front of your consciousness while you're there.

Each day you spend getting on with people harmoniously is a day closer to the finish...
Post edited at 23:25
 Heike 01 Dec 2015
In reply to Goucho:

I think the whole thing is ludicrous, but they get paid thousands and thousands for it, so that might sway their input, I can understand that to a point. But frankly I couldn't!!!! Hideous.

The Lemming 01 Dec 2015
In reply to Goucho:

How much would they have to pay you to get biblical with Lady C?
In reply to Goucho:

I think I could do it. Most of the tasks actually look quite fun or interesting (except anything relating to spiders). It's not every day you get to pick up five pythons for example.

Keep out of drama but don't be boring and you win.
 mark s 01 Dec 2015
In reply to Goucho:

i could do the jungle part

i couldnt do the tasks involving insects or eating weird stuff.

said to the mrs last night if i was stuck in a tank with all those animals,i would kill a few of them. the outrage from the veggies back in the uk would put an end to those tasks straight away
Moley 01 Dec 2015
In reply to Goucho:

> But the question is, do you think you could survive the full 3 weeks?

Boredom would be the problem, and not resorting to violence against another idiot contestant!
A giant spliff each day would help pass a few hours, in fact, a compulsory giant spliff for every contestant could make the programme more entertaining for viewers.
They would hardly talk more boring b****x when stoned than they do now.

Yanis Nayu 01 Dec 2015
In reply to Goucho:

Thought you were going to ask "Could you watch it?"

I could do the trials; whether I could put up with the celebs is another question.
 Denni 01 Dec 2015
In reply to Goucho:

Do a 1 week jungle survival course either in Belize or Brunei (preferably Belize as it is a dry jungle) where you've got to catch all your food (mainly monkeys), live in one set of clothes, walk through the jungle for 5 miles a day (doesn't sound a lot but it's hideous!) with all your kit and a weapon then make camp, normally in the pitch black, then take turns on guard, as there is always a pretend enemy, throw in a bout of dengue fever towards the end of the week just to make sure you feel even worse which by its nature means you fail the survival week and have to be casevaced out by helicopter immediately to hopsital only to recover and then re-do the whole course and by comparison, I'm a celeb is a 5 star luxury holiday!

PamPam 01 Dec 2015
In reply to Goucho:

Yep, it would be the people, being around those people all the time and having little time to escape from them. Don't get me wrong I am a social person but I also need my own space in some way where I don't have to interact with people. In places where I have been with people for most of my waking hours I still had time where I could shut myself off from people such as the gym with my headphones on or reading; people understood that if I was doing those things then I was in my zone. Some people don't understand that some people don't need social interaction all of the time. I can find it exhausting sometimes, but there are people who I could spend hours with and not feel that way.

Creepy crawlies, snakes etc, bring it on! I did zoology so I spent a lot of time around weird and wonderful creatures.
Removed User 01 Dec 2015
In reply to Goucho:

The toughest part would be the company. I'd do it if got a legal waiver allowing me to eat some of them. It would get the ratings up too.
 Dark-Cloud 02 Dec 2015
In reply to mark s:

I think you are confusing veggies with something entirely different, animal welfare.
 Jon Stewart 02 Dec 2015
In reply to Goucho:

> OK, I apologise in advance to those of a higher cerebral level, and who salivate at the prospect of Melvin Bragg's In Our Time, for lowering the cultural tone.

> But the question is, do you think you could survive the full 3 weeks?

Sorry, you just reminded me of this, and I couldn't help but post it (again!)

http://tinyurl.com/ovjgskr
 Timmd 03 Dec 2015
In reply to PamPam:
> Yep, it would be the people, being around those people all the time and having little time to escape from them. Don't get me wrong I am a social person but I also need my own space in some way where I don't have to interact with people. In places where I have been with people for most of my waking hours I still had time where I could shut myself off from people such as the gym with my headphones on or reading; people understood that if I was doing those things then I was in my zone. Some people don't understand that some people don't need social interaction all of the time. I can find it exhausting sometimes, but there are people who I could spend hours with and not feel that way.

> Creepy crawlies, snakes etc, bring it on! I did zoology so I spent a lot of time around weird and wonderful creatures.

One would almost have to do something like drawing something in the earth while chatting to people, as a way of being slightly disengaged from what's going on, perhaps, to create a corner of mental space which isn't dealing with interacting.

Anything really to zone in on to help make other people fade into the background for a bit.
Post edited at 17:57

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...