UKC

Effects of Injuries on the Motivation of Climbers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BRoe 03 Dec 2015
To all Climbers over the age of 18!

I'm currently undergoing the process of completing my dissertation, which I have chosen to do on the effects injuries have on the motivation of rock climbers. Although the data will be analysed qualitatively, I have created a pilot questionnaire for quantitative data so I can effectively prove the validity of my research topic. If you could take 10-15 minutes of your time to fill out this questionnaire it would be massively beneficial and greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and here's the link to the questionnaire:
https://cumbria.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/the-effects-of-injuries-on-the-motivati...

For any queries about the research please contact Ben Roe at: broederby@gmail.com
abseil 03 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

Done, good luck with your research.
 abr1966 03 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

Done...
 angry pirate 03 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

Done. Being old and broken meant I had plenty to write about
Good luck with it all!
 Climbster 03 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

Done. Interesting area of research, I'd like to the finished write up when it's published.

natetan 03 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

done!
 jsmcfarland 04 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

Good luck with your research. I think this is a really important topic. The awareness of the potential for acute or chronic injuries at your average climbing wall is shocking in all honesty. Most people just don't have a clue
 BusyLizzie 04 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

Had to abandon ship a few pages in cos the hardest trad grade I have lead climbed is VDiff, which is not on the table
 brianrunner 04 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

Done. Plenty of injuries to fill in. Good luck with the research and the questionnaire was well laid out!
 flopsicle 04 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

Happy to help but only an indoor climber - is that ok? No worries at all if not.
 johncook 04 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe: Done. At last a decent survey!

Jon Stewart 04 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

Good survey. Not having it ripped to pieces on UKC is an excellent (and rare) start.
 nwclimber 05 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

Done.
Whilst completing the survey I formed the impression that you seemed to be more interested in injuries which, for want of a better expression might be called training-related injuries, rather than injuries that were caused by unforeseen circumstances e.g. rock-fall, dramatic change of weather, equipment malfunction, etc. Is that the case?
 elliott92 05 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

Done
 jonnie3430 06 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

Done, if you need more about the 5 year elbow injury send me an email.
 Rachel Slater 06 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

Done. One of the first surveys I've done which doesn't ask for age or male/female which is interesting.
 burns_2k 07 Dec 2015
In reply to BRoe:

Done. I'd never really considered how lucky I am never to have been injured climbing for more than a decade. Sorry my opinions and experience probably aren't very useful! Maybe I should be trying harder...
OP BRoe 07 Dec 2015
In reply to nwclimber:

Although my data analysis will be more tailored to the injury as a result of 'over-training' side of things, my intention was to not split the two as I believe the results will show these kind of injuries as more common. Also, i'm keen to see any differentiation between the two type of injuries within my study.

Thank you for completing the survey and I hope this helps .
Ben

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...