UKC

Coire an t'Sneachda - Mess of Pottage - Cairngorms

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alex Akers 14 Dec 2015
Hey,

Just a warning that we were climbing on Hidden Chimney today when a rock fall occurred. This is just to say that at the top of the last pitch there is still 4-5 quite big LOOSE rocks which will probably fall if someone stands on them.

Thanks
 DundeeDave 14 Dec 2015
In reply to Alex Akers:

We were climbing on the Mess of Pottage on Sunday and I'm sure I heard several rumbles that sounded like substantial rockfalls from somewhere around the coire. Did anyone else hear them or was it just my febrile imagination?
 Webster 14 Dec 2015
In reply to DundeeDave:

heard many a large rockfall sound from on Aladdin's buttress, sounded like it was coming from fiacail ridge but I couldn't see the debree so guess it was just the sound reflecting back...
 Captain Solo 14 Dec 2015
In reply to Alex Akers:

See if you just wait for some neve/ice to form it will probably be alright...
 DundeeDave 15 Dec 2015
In reply to Webster:

Yeah, sounded like it came from Fiacaill ridge to me too, but could have just been the echo.

Wondered if they were natural or human triggered? Anyone want to own up to demolishing mountains?
 DaveHK 15 Dec 2015
In reply to DundeeDave:

> Wondered if they were natural or human triggered? Anyone want to own up to demolishing mountains?

As the Cap'n says it's hardly surprising to find loose blocks if you go out in thin conditions.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...