UKC

Any vets or animal advice on a glued wound

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sharp 15 Dec 2015
We recently had our cat spayed (Friday) and they glued the wound. I understand this is quite normal but we went back after and got a collar because she was licking and nipping at it with her teeth. We took it off tonight and she seemed fine, barely touched it but I think from the looks of it she's bitten the bottom part of the glue off. It's but gaping or bleeding but it's a little red and weeping. Any suggestions as to whether this is an issue or not would be greatly appreciated. Picture below:

http://picpaste.com/IMAG0065-F4adMBBg.jpg
 aln 15 Dec 2015
In reply to Sharp:

There's a vet here. 'Maisie not Maisie' or something similar
In reply to Sharp:

That doesn't look like it needs urgent treatment tonight, but I would put the collar back on and get her checked by your vet tomorrow to be on the safe side.

Ron (VetsNow Colwyn Bay)
OP Sharp 15 Dec 2015
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:
Cheers for responding. She seems happy enough now and it doesn't seem to be troubling her. We put the collar back on straight away and thankfully when it's on she just mopes about (poor wee thing) and sleeps so I don't think she'll catch it on anything. I bathed it in salt water, it's not really bleeding but inside the "crater" of the cut it seemed like a scab that's been picked a bit too soon, kind of watery leaving a little pink on the cotton pad. I'll bath it again later, she didn't seem in any discomfort but we weren't sure whether to bandage it over night or glue it back up but will give the vet a phone in the morning and see if they can take a look.

Thanks again, I understand it's difficult from a blurry picture so the advice is appreciated.
Post edited at 22:04

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...