UKC

1.248cc diesel peugeot van berlingo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ricmu 15 Dec 2015
something very unsual happened to my van. the engine was running and gears engaged without stepping the clutch pedal.as the gears engaged the van remained stationary. i had to call the recovery services after switching off the engine. before the services arrived i turned the engine attempted to engage the gears. everything was back to normal. at first i thought my clutch had gone and an embarssement on my side. does any one experinced this sort of problem and any advice
 Neil Williams 15 Dec 2015
In reply to ricmu:

They are I think hydraulic clutches - perhaps there's air in the hydraulics?
In reply to ricmu:

It would be very unusual indeed because berlingos are made by citroen!

Never had that happen to mine though- try googling it? Or a berlingo forum (bet there is one! )

gethin_allen 15 Dec 2015
In reply to ricmu:

Trying to decipher your text.
The engine was running and you tried to put the vehicle in gear without using the clutch?
or,
You put the vehicle in gear and then when you lifted the clutch the vehicle didn't move?

If it's the latter and the clutch is now working as normal I'd guess you have something going on with the clutch release hydraulics.
This could be an easy job or could be a very expensive job depending on if the engine has a concentric slave cylinder or a easily accessible slave cylinder bolted on the bell housing.
Have you checked daft things like the carpets or mats getting bunched up and interfering with the master cylinder around the pedal?
 Neil Williams 15 Dec 2015
In reply to no_more_scotch_eggs:

> It would be very unusual indeed because berlingos are made by citroen!

The Peugeot Partner is near identical though
 gethin_allen 16 Dec 2015
In reply to Neil Williams:

> The Peugeot Partner is near identical though

Indeed, I remember my dad's first van that had fiat, Citroen and Talbot parts on it, and there was an identical Peugeot van on the roads at that time too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...