UKC

Climbing trips and gyms!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Zee2403 27 Dec 2015
Hi to all that reads this!!

Have just got back from NZ where I really got into climbing! I love it and climb in the gym at least 2-3 times a week and was going on trips at least every couple of weeks.
No idea where the best crags/gyms are and scratching the walls to get out and climb! Don't wanna lose strength.
I'm from Dorset area and have heard there are a few climbing places portland way.
Just curious to meet other climbers, get the downlow on where to train and find some people for some trips!
 spenser 27 Dec 2015
In reply to Zee2403:

There a loads of good quality sport crags on Portland with a high concentration of routes in the F5-F6c range (I believe there are harder routes as well but I didn't really look for them when I visited a few years ago). There is also Swanage nearby which is apparently an excellent trad venue (I've been wanting to go there for a while but have never managed to get down there).
As you are only just getting into the sport I would suggest that you try a good mix of both sport and trad, they are both fun in their own way, however in most parts of the UK the quality of the available trad climbing in the low grades (up to 7a) vastly outstrips that of the sport climbing, this is especially true in the Peak District from what I've seen.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...