UKC

Best beginner multi pitch!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john_mx 27 Dec 2015
Hello, looking for some good beginner multi pitch routers around North Wales if someone can please help me!?

Thank you.
Gone for good 27 Dec 2015
In reply to john_mx:
Idwal slabs ordinary route is a nice easy 3/4 pitch route (graded mod)that you can link up with Senior Ridge and finish on top of Glyder Fawr. Another great easy climb is Milestone Buttress ordinary route (diff). 6 pitches and an exciting descent via Milestone gully. I would recommend you get hold of Scrambles and easy climbs in Snowdonia by Jon Sparks. It has loads of great climbs in it,many of them multi pitch.
Post edited at 13:03
OP john_mx 27 Dec 2015
In reply to Gone for good:

Thanks for your reply! I'll try and get hold that book! If you fancy going one day I'll be happy to tag along if you would have me!?

John.
 Mark Haward 27 Dec 2015
In reply to john_mx:

Your profile suggests you climb V Diff / Severe. Assuming you are happy leading at that level Clogwyn Yr Oen at the Moelwyns has a variety of 3/4 pitch V Diffs / Severes with large ledges and an easy descent
OP john_mx 27 Dec 2015
In reply to Mark Haward:

Thanks I'll check it out!
 Mark Haward 28 Dec 2015
In reply to john_mx:

With easy access and descent you could try for 16 pitches plus in a day. Good way to get mileage in!
 d_b 28 Dec 2015
In reply to john_mx:

Arete Climb on Tryfan is an excellent Diff, and doesn't suffer the queuing problems you see on the more popular routes further down heather terrace.
 jezb1 28 Dec 2015
In reply to john_mx:

My go to places when teaching are:
Idwal slabs, a few diff / v diff routes
Milestone Buttress
Clogwyn yr Oen
Tryfan Bach
Bwlch y moch, not so much choice of diff/v diff here but great spot if the weathers shakey in the hills
OP john_mx 28 Dec 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Yhm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...