UKC

this Is so sad

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
GriffonVulture 29 Dec 2015
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-35193327
I think cases like this are so sad. my mum had denentia and didnt know who we were, OK the old chap murdered her but dont suppose he's a danger to anyone else. can't see any point locking him up for life, he's 86.
 balmybaldwin 29 Dec 2015
In reply to GriffonVulture:

It's horrible isn't it... I hope common sense prevails.
 Billhook 29 Dec 2015

Lots of murderers are no danger to anyone else so...........

And doesn't the motive count for anything? Vengance, mercy, hate and so on?
 Ridge 30 Dec 2015
In reply to Dave Perry:

I suspect it was probably a mercy killing, the final stages of Alzheimers are horrific.
 JJL 30 Dec 2015
I can quite imagine that they had a pre-existing agreement - and it was enacted out of love and duty. Would not be the first or the last. I am aware of at least one other such agreement. Interestingly the approach in that (the one I know of) has to lodge a statement with solicitors on roughly a 5-yearly basis with the intent of showing (should it ever be required) that this was a firm, resolute agreement, entered into in sound mind by both parties.

FATE have some interesting info on such circumstances.
Post edited at 13:21
 Babika 30 Dec 2015
In reply to JJL:

I think people are jumping to a lot of conclusions here in trying to make sense of a horrible, sad, tragic event.

Best to leave the police, CPS and courts to follow procedures and I'm sure that the rationale, if there is one, will come out.

Btw, there are many elderly people (mainly men) in prison already for many different offences.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...