UKC

Xtra charges mares

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BrainoverBrawn 01 Jan 2016
I've taken an hour and a half to get vodafone to help me lose £15 charges that will be like the straw to my camel back in the new year for my bank.
In an unsure world i feel thankful that i got this acknowledgement from the chat advisor today. Most of us don't earn what covers these multiples of sudden extra £20's that is the backbone of 25 years of insurance companies and 08 style business addresses wasting our time and collecting what surely must taste sour sometimes and i believe is going to come to an end. Generally the rip off is legit now and in unknown monthly multiples affecting those in the same market too, everyone.
Once you paid for your lottery prize call or whatever but now for a decade you pay for what you already have paid for or are obliged to pay for despite being the consumer apparently getting fair treatment from the large or venture business.
So thanks vody worker, like me, fly in the soup, but needed, much needed, the charges affect a whole generation now before they even leave school, data thugs they'll be otherwise, only leaving the offices of scam to fearfully walk the streets of division.
ceri 01 Jan 2016
In reply to howifeel: ?? Hope you feel better having got that off your chest. Whatever it is you're ranting about...

In reply to ceri:

When you first heal a horse then all those fees mean nothing any more, or to the rest of us who can't walk the ivory corridors...
 Run_Ross_Run 01 Jan 2016
In reply to howifeel:
> When you first heal a horse then all those fees mean nothing any more, or to the rest of us who can't walk the ivory corridors...

I'll have a pint of whatever you're drinking.
Post edited at 17:09
 Brass Nipples 01 Jan 2016
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:

Pint, I think they've drunk the brewery dry, and the next one!

In reply to howifeel: Nothing you've written makes any sense, so don't expect any sympathy. Did you use a random word generator to create the post?

In reply to howifeel:

> When you first heal a horse then all those fees mean nothing any more, or to the rest of us who can't walk the ivory corridors...

Is this not an ancient Chinese proverb...?
 digby 02 Jan 2016
In reply to Frank the Husky:

It's the new 'predictive sentence' technology. Some teething problems.

Office worker Frank I presume or on decent comfortable wage, unstressed, confident, proud and always right?
In reply to howifeel:

I think you should change your username to drunkangryyoda.
abseil 02 Jan 2016
In reply to howifeel:

Anyway the hedgehog slides across the chess set and snow falls upwards into the moon while water freezes in the oven and grey grass sits anguished and bitter till 2 AM. Santa was but wasn't so grab a spanner cook manna thank you Hannah wave a banner won't you Nana.
 Big Ger 02 Jan 2016
In reply to howifeel:

Is there a prize for decoding this?
In reply to howifeel:

Well there were 3 coffees so maybe it wasn't Tom, perhaps it was the first one from Simon, don't recall name or face of important 2nd guy, just that he said "oh you should have seen Alex route setting on the wall, like a limpet". Definitely premeditated drink spike however, very mean however confused you pretend to misunderstand it.
 ThunderCat 02 Jan 2016
In reply to howifeel:

> Well there were 3 coffees so maybe it wasn't Tom, perhaps it was the first one from Simon, don't recall name or face of important 2nd guy, just that he said "oh you should have seen Alex route setting on the wall, like a limpet". Definitely premeditated drink spike however, very mean however confused you pretend to misunderstand it.

You are Eric Cantona. Do I win £5?
 ThunderCat 02 Jan 2016
In reply to howifeel:

> Office worker Frank I presume or on decent comfortable wage, unstressed, confident, proud and always right?

This was actually 15 Across in todays Times crossword. 7 letters. "_ X X _ _ Z _ "
In reply to howifeel:
I'm scared now because 2 ice screws have gone missing and i've never been good at crosswords.
Not my ice screws but the 2 posted Eddiesborough responses. Ballet darlings. It's a type of dancing.
Post edited at 23:24
 Wsdconst 02 Jan 2016
In reply to howifeel:

Well I'm f##ked if I know what this is all about, would you like me to help you in any way ?
In reply to howifeel:

> Office worker Frank I presume or on decent comfortable wage, unstressed, confident, proud and always right?

Why does that have to do with the fact you've written a load of nonsense English?

In answer to your question - I'm an Emergency Medical Technician with the ambulance service in Manchester. I save people's lives, get assaulted, verbally abused and spat on regularly. It's 1am in the morning and I'm having my lunch halfway through a 12 hour shift that probably won't finish at 7am as it should. Before eating I had to change my trousers because they were covered in someone's blood. I get paid £9.50-and-a-bit an hour for this pleasure. Despite that I can write in complete sentences and coherent paragraphs. What's your point?
KevinD 03 Jan 2016

> What's your point?

That eating horse is bad.
Or maybe good.
 Scarab9 03 Jan 2016

bloody hell is that all you get paid? You deserve to be on double that for the job you do! the world really isn't a fair place
In reply to howifeel:

Speed reading is a convenience of supposedly intelligent, rather actually an indecently institutionalised sexist workforce.
In reply to howifeel:

I was stopped in a philosophy book once, not sure i've ever found it again, by Neitzsche. Something along the lines of why do people read something only to get what they want out of it? That is not reading at all.
In reply to Wsdconst:

That would be great as I am surely off belay even to my original point which did try to evoke meaning to gell the points. Rather most replies have requested in my opinion I do 2 pages, factual, concise etc.
My experiences should not be so compressed but it beats me how complaining about bills, linking the general issue of rip off and how it affects us all, should not be linked to a thank you to a humble new years day vodafone worker. I believe it is actually worth paying attention first and at least crying over our unfair and unfriendly culture instead of lining up to pay up with no insuborbordination at all. The wealth we create and share is so vast. Our problems currently are pronounced with Armageddon very very very UNLIKELY, still the priority of terrorists and our own security needs are more important than our lives as we wish them.
I won't hijack my own post however to define help and wish you a happy new year whilst noting we may meet at some point. So thanks, the spirit is disturbingly beyond my mostly self absorbed state courtesy of cumulative issues, though it is the one I aspire to.

In reply to howifeel:

Speed reading is one thing.

Leave the writing whilst on speed to the likes of Lemmy, who had the constitution to handle it.
 ThunderCat 03 Jan 2016
In reply to howifeel:

> That would be great as I am surely off belay even to my original point which did try to evoke meaning to gell the points. Rather most replies have requested in my opinion I do 2 pages, factual, concise etc.

> My experiences should not be so compressed but it beats me how complaining about bills, linking the general issue of rip off and how it affects us all, should not be linked to a thank you to a humble new years day vodafone worker. I believe it is actually worth paying attention first and at least crying over our unfair and unfriendly culture instead of lining up to pay up with no insuborbordination at all. The wealth we create and share is so vast. Our problems currently are pronounced with Armageddon very very very UNLIKELY, still the priority of terrorists and our own security needs are more important than our lives as we wish them.

What would you rather bee or a wasp?

ThunderCat 03 Jan 2016
In reply to howifeel:

> Speed reading is a convenience of supposedly intelligent, rather actually an indecently institutionalised sexist workforce.

We're all part of some failed Turing test, aren't we?

abseil 03 Jan 2016
In reply to ThunderCat:

> We're all part of some failed Turing test, aren't we?

I was thinking that last night, reading this thread!
 ThunderCat 03 Jan 2016
In reply to abseil:

> I was thinking that last night, reading this thread!

Hah! I'm actually the computer! My programmer has passed the test! Boom!!!
In reply to ThunderCat:

Sorry thundercat, we've always known that

Because we are too- ukc forums is basically 'the matrix', but with less cool rainwear and firearms. We're all just code, me included. The only real people are the ukc staff profiles, though they are actually MI5 research programmers running the simulation.

Except for num num, of course. No one could code for that...
abseil 03 Jan 2016
In reply to ThunderCat:

> Hah! I'm actually the computer! My programmer has passed the test! Boom!!!

Boom to you too! I am also a computer. I think I was born in PC World but Mummy won't say......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...