UKC

Video of Tower Scoop + Good Friday yesterday on Ben Nevis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AlH 06 Jan 2016
Lean but climbable (and protectable) ice on Ben Nevis yesterday. Things are just beginning to shape up vimeo.com/150898634
 neilwiltshire 06 Jan 2016
In reply to AlH:

Excellent.
 pass and peak 06 Jan 2016
In reply to AlH:

Nice Video Al, of course it now means big ques for that climb come the weekend! Forecast looking good for the next few days for it to put some more down and hopefully even better for my arrival next week. Hoping some lower down route's will be in, to unfit at start of season to hump gear up that high to start a climb!
OP AlH 06 Jan 2016
In reply to pass and peak:

Yes the curse of the blog. But if you look around the blogs (not just mine the list on MWIS is a good place to start) you'll find a wee list of what has been climbed to spread the load a little. Things like Green Gully (snow ice not water ice), North Gully, No.3 Gully Buttress, No.2 Gully Buttress (not much gear), Raeburns Easy Route (and its icey variation finishes at the end of the long traverse) and even Glovers Chimney (start looked lean) have all had ascents as well as Ledge Route and the Ridges (although Castle Ridge is quite black). For something a little more esoteric Broad Gully on the west flank of Tower Ridge. Glencoe's easy gully have been being done and are getting snowier. I saw some pics of things done on Aonach Mor too yesterday. Heading for what you know others have done is one option but extrapolating that into what else might be worth a look is the real fun. And a few days is a long time in winter- could all be different by saturday! Enjoy the fitness building, the bouldery approaches haven't been pleasant so far so a little more snow will be very welcome.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...