UKC

Man City mid week

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
iusedtoclimb 08 Jan 2016
I going to see City play Wednesday night with my son and don’t want to hang around for ever afterwards getting home as he needs to get home to bed
We can easily get a train to Picadilly or drive
What would be the easiest way – driving and parking or train and tram?
If driving where do you park?
If train and tram is it easy to get a tram after the game and do you have to buy an additional ticket to your train ticket to use the tram?

Cheers
 ByEek 08 Jan 2016
In reply to iusedtoclimb:

Crikey - good luck. You can get a train / tram ticket from where you live to the stadium, but whenever I have been in town when Utd or City are playing the trams are absolutely rammed. Similarly, the motorways around Manch are completely rammed on match days so goodness only knows what the roads in the area will be like.

All I can think is to prepare for the worst. I am not sure I would want to park on the street around the city ground. It isn't what you might call an affluent area.

Good luck!
 Mike Stretford 08 Jan 2016
In reply to iusedtoclimb:
I've just asked a colleague who goes regularly. He said you'll have to leave 5-10 mins early to stand any chance of a swift exit. If you leave after the whistle you might as well walk back to the train station, my mate said he has waited an hour for a tram before, and it's a 20min walk to the Picadilly.

Not sure about parking but tram park and ride will probably be an option.
Post edited at 10:15
iusedtoclimb 08 Jan 2016
In reply to Mike Stretford:

Thanks for asking him - could you also ask is it safe to walk back? I only ask as I will have my son with me - i imagine there will be loads of people walking?
 Mike Stretford 08 Jan 2016
In reply to iusedtoclimb: Yeah, there's always a crowd walking and police about.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...