UKC

Good place to leave car around penrith/M6 for weekend jaunt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 smithaldo 08 Jan 2016
Hi good folk of UKC,

Having recently moved to East Yorkshire my winter trip routine is changing to involve driving across the A66 and leaving the car somewhere near the M6 as my mate will meet me and drive his van up from there.

Any tips for somewhere to leave the car friday evening to sunday evenings either around there or near the next couple of junctions up.

Housing areas near to the junctions maybe?
 CurlyStevo 08 Jan 2016
In reply to smithaldo:
I've done a lot of this type of thing before but not in that area. Normally I use google maps and drop down in to street view. You can make sure its a nice area with no parking restrictions and plenty of spaces etc.
Post edited at 14:21
 tmawer 08 Jan 2016
In reply to smithaldo:

Come off at Penrith M6 junction, follow signs for Penrith town centre and at the next small roundabout (Go Outdoors and garage on your left) turn back towards the North lakes Hotel and M6 (3rd exit)again, then immediately left; go past Hotel and park somewhere close to there. This is a quiet area and should be ok. (But don't blame me if it's not!
This is 5 mins walk from the motorway.
 goose299 08 Jan 2016
In reply to smithaldo:
You can park on Ullswater Road near the station end of Penrith by the castle. It's free parking
Post edited at 15:08
 coldfell 10 Jan 2016
In reply to smithaldo:

Stay on A66, Ikm past the Rheged roundabout turn left for Stainton and immediately left - down the hill lots of free parking in residential area, we often meet up there for climbing in the Lakes.
At your own risk of course!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...