UKC

Nahanni trip, youtube versions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 17 Jan 2016

So I took off all of the copyright music and put on some free stuff. I don't think the quality is that great and the music is different but it'll let you have a look.

Just for anyone interested:

youtube.com/watch?v=jHDM9nOY5Ng&

youtube.com/watch?v=DdnO10V7QtY&

youtube.com/watch?v=IT8TmOgQXcw&
 pneame 17 Jan 2016
In reply to Removed User:

Stunning scenery - I'd have liked more on the side trips, perhaps some campsite commentary, some food.... I'll confess that I fast-forwarded through some of the canoeing although it gave a great feel for what it was like
Removed User 17 Jan 2016
In reply to pneame:

Yes, the side trips were all on photography for the most part and, for the life of me, I can't seem to get the software (go pro's own) to allow the pictures to be slotted into the movie footage. I think its a size thing.

The problem with go pro is that it isn't really good for any of the detail shots. If you look at the 3rd part we pass a large bull Bison very close but the go pro only picks it up as a distant image.

I think I need to lear a lot more and get better software and that might be a project for this winter.
 pneame 17 Jan 2016

Missed that - fabulous. My impression has always been that GoPros are pretty wide angle (24mm 35mm equivalent?) but I see from their website that at high resolution it's possible to reduce that a bit. Still fairly wide angle though. I think if you want good detail video it all gets a lot more cumbersome and more of a project involving tripods and so forth, although modern cameras have pretty good stabilisation software

Love the stills in your gallery
Removed User 17 Jan 2016
In reply to pneame:

> Love the stills in your gallery

Thanks, although I can't claim any credit for the Nahanni ones. Perhaps if we hadn't carried as much booze we would have had space for better film making kit. TBH, I think drones will be the way to go in future.
 pneame 17 Jan 2016

> TBH, I think drones will be the way to go in future.

Than you'd three person canoes - two paddlers and a drone steerer.... the latter likely spending half the trip throwing up over the side(hopefully)

Hopefully over the side, that is
Removed User 17 Jan 2016
In reply to pneame:

Naa. there must be an auto pilot version

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...