UKC

glenridding via pooley bridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pebbles 22 Jan 2016
cant find any details whatsoever about the diversion at Pooley Bridge - google maps doesnt know about it, AA route finder doesnt seem to know about it. Is it well signposted and is the road decent, or is it a potholed tiny lane?
 Mal Grey 22 Jan 2016
In reply to pebbles:
Not sure what journey you're planning (getting to Glenridding would rarely involve going over the former Pooley Bridge), but any diversion from PB village to the A592 Glenridding-Penrith road would involve the B5320 down to Eamont Br/Penrith. This is a pretty decent sized road.
Post edited at 09:54
OP pebbles 22 Jan 2016
In reply to Mal Grey:

s'okay, I'm told the route involves the village of pooley bridge but avoids the bridge (and diversion) itself. which is good.
 Mike Conlon 22 Jan 2016
In reply to pebbles: Not sure about that, Pooley Bridge village is on the wrong side of the washed away bridge for Glenridding. There is no problem coming from Penrith via Rheghed, past Dalemain House and down Ullswater.
OP pebbles 22 Jan 2016
In reply to Mike Conlon:

ah yes, I see. thanks
In reply to pebbles:

To get to south side of Ullswater, Tirril and Pooley you can't use Eamont Bridge. You have to take A66 east to Brougham and follow one-way system back to Eamont bridge south side then up back of lake as normal.
http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/eLibrary/Content/Internet/536/6181/4236095657.pdf
DC
 Rick Graham 22 Jan 2016
In reply to Mike Conlon:

> Not sure about that, Pooley Bridge village is on the wrong side of the washed away bridge for Glenridding. There is no problem coming from Penrith via Rheghed, past Dalemain House and down Ullswater.

Have not travelled on that road recently, but on of my commutes is Coniston to Castle Rock.

Over Kirkstone Pass from the South to Glenridding.
From the North Carlisle commuters I know go A66, Troutbeck, Dockray, Glenridding.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...