UKC

Climbing with a DSLR

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SeánM 24 Jan 2016
Hi all
Just wondering what method of carrying your camera you use while climbing. I have been using the normal strap with the camera hanging across the chest with no protection for fast access. But this leaves the swinging and vulnerable to damage.
youtube.com/watch?v=uCO3i79xuRA&
I have come across this clip, has anyone any experience with this product and its functionality for climbing?

The issues i can tell from reviews is that there is no attachment encase it falls, and if you are looking down for gear its position might get in your way.

Any thoughts?

Sean
 GwilymR 24 Jan 2016
In reply to SeánM:

I use one of these on the few occasions I want to climb with my camera. I use a hand strap (also by peak design) and back it up by clipping a sling through the hand strap and to my harness. It is a little awkward to use but if you are able to use both your hands it works pretty well. Depending on your harness ( I use a Renegade 2) you should be able to position the clip almost anywhere and put it out of the way your gear.
 icnoble 24 Jan 2016
In reply to SeánM:

I have got one and it is very good and excellent quality.
 chrisprescott 24 Jan 2016
In reply to SeánM:

Peak Design have been helping me out for a few years and their kit is great. I wrote a blog here which shows how I use the Capture Clip - http://www.chris-prescott.com/blog/2015/6/1/whats-in-my-bag
OP SeánM 25 Jan 2016
In reply to chrisprescott:

Thanks for the feed back, good blog I like the Lens pots and good blog on the use of filters.
Im really pushed towards the Capture Pro.

Sean

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...