UKC

Fox vs eagle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mike123 30 Jan 2016
Amazing footage from the Beeb
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-35427990
Apologies if posted already .
Moley 30 Jan 2016
In reply to mike123:

It's a great shot, I'm not sure which is the braver, I would have expected one to back down after the first skirmish.
 goldmember 30 Jan 2016
In reply to Moley:

I didn't quite how large the golden eagles are
drmarten 30 Jan 2016
In reply to mike123:

I've seen a few Golden Eagles and they really are majestic birds (and big!) but I can't help hoping the little guy won this encounter. I wonder how many hours filming goes towards achieving such great footage.
Graeme G 30 Jan 2016
In reply to drmarten:

> . I wonder how many hours filming goes towards achieving such great footage.

It was pure chance. The footage ends because the camera is on a recording loop.

Did anyone see the follow up? Winterwatch said they would announce the 'winner' the following night but i forgot to watch.
OP mike123 30 Jan 2016
In reply to Father Noel Furlong:
Winter watch episode 3 on iplayer , has more of the story, the start is really dramatic as the fox repeatedly rushes the eagle to try and scare it off . I reckon neither would risk a dust up with the other if they weren't really hungry . Saw an eagle take a big hare / rabbit in knoydart . Dropped from really high up on something we couldn't see then quickly took off with it but really struggling to lift off and carry it .
 gethin_allen 30 Jan 2016

> Did anyone see the follow up? Winterwatch said they would announce the 'winner' the following night but i forgot to watch.

Yes,

I would say but it could spoil it for people wanting to watch later.
 bouldery bits 30 Jan 2016
In reply to mike123:

I was hoping this thread would be a pointless debate.

#TeamEagle
 Phil1919 30 Jan 2016

The Fox.
Graeme G 30 Jan 2016
In reply to Phil1919:

> The Fox.

Bum. I was really rooting for the eagle.
 Jack Frost 30 Jan 2016
i saw a white tailed sea eagle today at a site in the West Highlands. That bird is mahoosive. Flying barn door.
 gethin_allen 30 Jan 2016
In reply to Jack Frost:

While walking in the Pyrenees I saw what I think was a bearded vulture, they grow to about 9 foot in wingspan.
Removed User 31 Jan 2016
In reply to gethin_allen:
Possibly, but you may have seen a Griffon Vulture which are very common though generally they fly around in large groups. They make Golden Eagles look small, though no less impressive when one flies close by in the Highlands.
Post edited at 18:28

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...