UKC

Problem Sending email Outlook to Hotmail

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 06 Feb 2016
Mrs uses the Outlook system on Windows 8 to send emails but when she tries to send to a hotmail address it keeps bouncing back with the following message:

"A message that you sent to the following recipient could not be delivered due to a permanent error. ** The remote server 65.54.188.126 responded with: ** ++++++++@hotmail.com 550:5.7.0 (BAY004-MC4F23) Message could not be delivered. Please ensure the message is RFC 5322 compliant. This message was created automatically by mail delivery software on the server avasout08."

When I send the message via Thunderbird it goes with no problem. Has anyone else had this problem? Any solution?

Please don't suggest that Mrs uses Thunderbird. For reasons unknown she will only use Outlook.
 marsbar 06 Feb 2016
In reply to mypyrex:

I think you already found the simple solution. She can forward it to you and you send it.
Andy Gamisou 06 Feb 2016
In reply to mypyrex:

550:5.7.0 smtp code is usually associated with the receiving server rejecting the message (maybe ill formed headers, or the server is treating your wife's ip address as source of spam, or whatever). Looking at the message source of the returned message might give more clues.
 Brass Nipples 06 Feb 2016
In reply to mypyrex:

550 5.7.0 Your IP address is in a blacklist.

It's not outlook, it's your wife's account. Her email providers servers are blacklisted, presumably because a lot of spam has come from them.
OP mypyrex 06 Feb 2016
In reply to Orgsm:
> 550 5.7.0 Your IP address is in a blacklist.

> It's not outlook, it's your wife's account. Her email providers servers are blacklisted, presumably because a lot of spam has come from them.

How come emails get through to other(non-hotmail) addressees? How do we "un-blacklist" it?
Post edited at 19:41
 Brass Nipples 06 Feb 2016
In reply to mypyrex:

> How come emails get through to other(non-hotmail) addressees? How do we "un-blacklist" it?

The blacklist is the hotmail end, that's why. Speak to her email provider or change providers.
Andy Gamisou 07 Feb 2016
In reply to Orgsm:

> 550 5.7.0 Your IP address is in a blacklist.

Funny, could have sworn I said (essentially) the same thing several hours before. I guess my cloak of invisibility is working too well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...