UKC

Replacement monitor please?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 12 Feb 2016
My 8 year old monitor has died and I need to replace it sharpish, so I would appreciate some suggestions because its fookin hard to read text from my TV.

My current dead monitor is a 22 inch samsung.

Cheers muchly
Jim C 12 Feb 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

Charity shops are full of them.
 Fraser 12 Feb 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

Budget and spec requirements?
 danm 12 Feb 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

If you want to replace like for like, go on ebuyer or similar, look at 22" monitors, choose one you like, make sure it has a compatible input for your source (DVI is best if you have it) and buy it. I've had good experiences with LG, and the extra money for an IPS monitor seems worth it.
 Dark-Cloud 12 Feb 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

Dell P2414H, I have two of them on my desk at work, very good, can be had for around £150 if you look hard enough.
 icnoble 12 Feb 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

This seller on ebay is very good, I have had 2 monitors from him in the past and have been very pleased with them. I would buy from him again.

https://www.nrgit.biz/collections/monitors

He has an ebay shop.

Jim Fraser 12 Feb 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

Maybe there's a computer recycle/refurb place in your area. I bought three good monitors for £100 at one near here.
 wercat 12 Feb 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

we got a very nice monitor from Oxfam
OP The Lemming 12 Feb 2016
In reply to Fraser:

> Budget and spec requirements?

Hmm

What specs should I be looking out for and what is the best type of screen composition to look for?

Budget, up to a couple of hundred.

I'm hoping to connect to the monitor with either DVI of HDMI
 Dark-Cloud 15 Feb 2016
In reply to The Lemming:

Monitors are like TV's now, you would really have to try very hard to buy a bad one, and even harder to buy one without DVI or HDMI.

Just select the size you want at the budget you want from one of the bigger players, job done.
OP The Lemming 15 Feb 2016
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Did a bit of research and went for a Dell.

Cheers

Any idea if its worth trying to fix my old monitor. It won't switch on. The Standby button just blinks.
 Rob Exile Ward 15 Feb 2016
In reply to The Lemming:
Yes.
No.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...