UKC

Is Wales still white?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LP 24 Feb 2016
So I've done my one winter route of the year and now I'd like to climb on some rocks. I'd like to head to North wales this weekend for some easy multi pitch stuff - dragging a beginner along so ideally looking for dryish conditions! Too soon? Tremadog? Or vaynol arms?
In reply to LP:
I was out yesterday on Moel Hebog and had blue skies and sunshine all day. Most of the snow, even on Snowdon, was disappearing by the end of the day.

The rock up there felt dry and warm so I bet Trem would have been very good.

Been wetter again this evening though
Post edited at 21:17
 jezb1 24 Feb 2016
In reply to LP:

Weather looks ok for the next few days so Tremadog should be a good shout.

I was working in the Pass today and whilst it wasn't a bad day, it's still pretty chilly. Some of the precipitation today was falling as sleet / snow / hail.
 ianstevens 24 Feb 2016
In reply to LP:
Tremadog was lovely today. Get on it! But maybe take a warm belay jacket, it's still freezing.
Post edited at 21:38
OP LP 24 Feb 2016
In reply to LP:
Thank you chaps! That's given me something to look forward to now!
OP LP 28 Feb 2016
In reply to LP:

Thanks again gents - four of us climbed Overerlapping Ridge Route on Tryfan. Cracking day to be out, meeting some lovely people on the rock. A great first ever climb for one of our party and a second outdoor lead for another.
around 29 Feb 2016
In reply to LP:

97.9%, according to Wikipedia
 SenzuBean 29 Feb 2016
In reply to LP:

> So I've done my one winter route of the year and now I'd like to climb on some rocks. I'd like to head to North wales this weekend for some easy multi pitch stuff - dragging a beginner along so ideally looking for dryish conditions! Too soon? Tremadog? Or vaynol arms?

If you're on facebook, join the 'Ground conditions in UK mountain areas' group and then you won't need to ask anymore - you can scroll through the posts until you find multiple reports from the area you're interested in.
OP LP 01 Mar 2016
In reply to SenzuBean: nice
One- cheers!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...