UKC

Weekend Gateway UK

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
fionakay 29 Feb 2016
Hey, My name is Fiona kay and I want to plan a weekend trip with my friends. So in just 2 days where we can go from London. Actually we are planning to go on Friday evening and we have to come back till Sunday night. We are looking for hassle free trip. So please suggest accordingly.

So is there anyone who can suggest us some good places to visit in UK.
 Andy Hardy 29 Feb 2016
In reply to fionakay:

Budget?
 Skyfall 29 Feb 2016
In reply to fionakay:

Climbing?
fionakay 29 Feb 2016
In reply to fionakay:

My budget is good, so there will be no issues with budget. Yes I love climbing if we can add it up in our trip.
 climbwhenready 29 Feb 2016
In reply to fionakay:

Well, for your greatest quality there can only be one answer. Go to Scotland. On your unlimited budget you can fly up, hire a car, and get a 9pm flight back on the Sunday for about the same amount of time as it would take to get to any other UK hills.

If you're sensible you'd plan a number of options and narrow them down based on the short term weather forecast. But you must do this normally, right?
 LeeWood 29 Feb 2016
In reply to climbwhenready:

heh heh yes - I think the OP has not defined preferences / constraints - activity, scenery, travel time, transport ...
 IceKing 29 Feb 2016
In reply to fionakay:

I smell some SEO backlink activity. We get this quite regularly on another forum I administer.
 Fraser 29 Feb 2016
In reply to IceKing:
Agreed. Check the profile.

Edit: with that name like 'hers', you'd expect English to be their first language, but the grammar suggests it clearly isn't.

I smell a rat...
Post edited at 08:46
 NottsRich 29 Feb 2016
In reply to IceKing:

Judging by their one other post on the forum, I'd agree with you there!
fionakay 29 Feb 2016
In reply to IceKing:

I am not here for any kind of backlink. I even don't know anything about SEO. if you guys can't help then its fine. i can get some suggestions from my friends only.

Thanks
fionakay 29 Feb 2016
In reply to climbwhenready:

Thanks for the suggestions. But I have visited Scotland 3 months back.

Anyways thanks for your help.
fionakay 29 Feb 2016
In reply to NottsRich:

What's wrong with my other post. I am planning a trip and when I have googled about it then google suggested me that forum that's why I am here.

Anyways thanks for your help !!
 climbwhenready 29 Feb 2016
In reply to fionakay:

Visit it again
 silhouette 29 Feb 2016
In reply to IceKing:

> I smell some SEO backlink activity. We get this quite regularly on another forum I administer.

Serious question; What does "SEO backlink activity" mean? I don't know. Does it mean we're clickbait? Cheers. BTW pretty certain "it" doesn't speak English hence "Gateway" not "Getaway".
In reply to fionakay:

> Thanks for the suggestions. But I have visited Scotland 3 months back.

But have you seen Cumbernauld in the spring time?

skog 29 Feb 2016
In reply to tom_in_edinburgh:

I've always preferred Fife in the Spring - watching the ships at Rosyth; the quaint houses of High Valleyfield; the friendly, welcoming, down-to-Earth people of St. Andrews; the radiant sands of Dalgety Bay, the spires of Grangemouth soaring across the water; Alloa within easy reach for the evenings. There's nowhere quite like it.
 IceKing 29 Feb 2016
In reply to silhouette:

SEO = Search Engine Optimisation.

Google and other search engines look for links, mentions and other stuff across the web for a website to rank it, i.e. where it appears in a list of results for a search. Therefore the more popular you are the higher you will appear which is a virtuous circle as the more popular you are the more people will find you in a search, click on your website and therefore make you even more popular. Many companies/websites/bloggers live and die by their Google ranking.

There is a whole SEO industry selling services to get your website higher up the rankings. One way of doing this is to back link, either automated programs or people will go onto forums and post stuff like "hey, what a great post, I agree with you!" or something similarly vague then include a link to the website so that Google will see it there when it crawls the website and make it seem more people are 'talking' about then they actually are.

There is a massive industry doing this particularly in India. The OP is a professional blogger, has made two posts this morning, one asking about Preston on a For Sale post for skis and this one. The written English here appears to be by someone who is either half asleep or perhaps English isn't their first language. I'm sure you can make up your own mind up about what might be going on.
 Babika 29 Feb 2016
In reply to IceKing:

Thanks for that Iceking! I'm very unknowledgeable (and maybe a bit naïve) about the ruthless way that the web tracks everyone nowadays so its really helpful to have things explained.
Cheers
 Jon Stewart 29 Feb 2016
In reply to IceKing:

Thanks for explaining.

fionakay hasn't put a link on here, will posting this totally vague and nonsensical question on here bring her blog up the rankings?

Her blog appears to be an advertising vehicle for, well, a load of crap. And definitely nothing remotely to do with climbing and the outdoors.

This thread provides an interesting window (for the naive like me) into how the poison of marketing leaches into every aspect of online content. F*cking capitalism.
 Jon Stewart 29 Feb 2016
In reply to IceKing:

Actually, the blog is genius! I just saw this in 'favourite brands'!

ANNA Cosmetic Caviar

Anna Cosmetic caviar uses fresh, pure caviar designed to use at home in a unique luxurious face-mask. All the components that make up caviar enable the skin to produce and develop its own collagen and elastin. Caviar masks help smooth the appearance of fine wrinkles. It is £99 for a year’s membership but everyone who mentions Time2Gossip will get a 30 gram tin of cosmetic caviar.
 skog 29 Feb 2016
In reply to Jon Stewart:

You're probably helping them by reposting their content here.

That said, it may be funny enough that they deserve it!
 Jon Stewart 29 Feb 2016
In reply to skog:

Anyone who can get people to smear caviar all over their face for a hundred quid deserves a repost!
J1234 29 Feb 2016
In reply to IceKing:

I think UKC has Robots that block backlinks.
 Babika 29 Feb 2016
In reply to Jon Stewart:

> Actually, the blog is genius! I just saw this in 'favourite brands'!

> ANNA Cosmetic Caviar

Aldi do a good caviar facecream for £6.

Just saying.....
 silhouette 29 Feb 2016
In reply to IceKing:

Thanks IceKing!
In reply to fionakay:

> Thanks for the suggestions. But I have visited Scotland 3 months back.

> Anyways thanks for your help.

Once is quite enough, Scotland blows 😂

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...